NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 VW Beetle 1.8 turbo 5 speed with all the options. So i got some new window switches from the salvage yard. The old ones worked but were broken. Took the door panels down to replace the switches and the mirror control unit. Put the new drivers window switches in and they work fine for both doors. Put the new passenger window switch in and it does not work. Took it to the drivers side to test it and it works on that side for both windows. I took back to the passenger side and it does not work. Touched the two spots on the harness with a jumper wire and the passenger window will go up and down with a jumper wire. Why will the passenger window switch not work?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help

Does anyone have any idea why the switch is not working.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help

I also noticed that my salvage yard mirror switch is not working either. It was from a 1998 or 1999 beetle does that matter? Thanks

·
Registered
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

So I figured out which switch I need with all of your help thanks. The passenger side switch is the (1C0 959 855 A) and the mirror switch is the (1J1 959 565 F). I grabbed one off of a 98 1.8t and it was a (1J1 959 565 B) which does not work and broke while testing anyway. The stupid knob broke in my hands while testing it. I also now need a lock and unlock switch (1C0 952 125) as it broke apart messing with mirror switch. These things are made of the cheapest plastic. Anyway thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts