NewBeetle.org Forums banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Terrific Pete! Glad you have him back. Does he run any better?

·
Zaba00
24 Posts
I'm glad to hear you got your baby back. A new engine means it got a second life, you can keep her SO much longer now hehe.

By the way, are those OEM foglights? Because they look similar to the Hella Micro De Xenon foglights I found:

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-367/Hella-Micro-DE-Xenon/Detail

These Hella's would look hella cool with the front Caractere valence. I'm considering getting the Caractere kit now.

Oh and about the caliper painting... what kind of paint did you use? And how did you apply it to the caliper? (Brush, spray, etc.) Any sanding required?

I love your bug, keep it clean :D

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I'm glad to hear you got your baby back. A new engine means it got a second life, you can keep her SO much longer now hehe.

By the way, are those OEM foglights? Because they look similar to the Hella Micro De Xenon foglights I found:

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-367/Hella-Micro-DE-Xenon/Detail

These Hella's would look hella cool with the front Caractere valence. I'm considering getting the Caractere kit now.

Oh and about the caliper painting... what kind of paint did you use? And how did you apply it to the caliper? (Brush, spray, etc.) Any sanding required?

I love your bug, keep it clean :D

Yes, those are the OEM foglights.

There are a ton of caliper paint kits out there. No sanding required, and you don't need to remove the calipers. Just do a lot of cleaning first, use a degreaser. The paint itself dries VERY quickly. So the most amount of work is really the prep work. And the paint is applied with a brush.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
:)Hi Pete!!!!

We need more pics of Hopper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care,

JonK
:D
Agreed!! Especially ones of that really nice interior! :DHow on earth did you manage to do that, Pete?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

·
:)
837 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOVE your interior and the cutom seats! My only regret about my NB is that it's not a cool color like your green (mine is black - meh...) but then I was gifted my car so don't look a gift horse in the mouth, eh? Plus, when I went on a study abroad trip in '07 I came back to find that my dad have bought me awesome new wheels and got my a pin-striping job =^D Sort of makes up for it but seeing your green awesomeness makes me long for a cool color again...

Nice work, love love love!
-karen

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,750 Posts
Came here looking for info on the seat dye stuff you used on the seat. Can't believe it's been more than 10 years since the engine incident. (Or, for that matter, that you haven't updated this thread in 7 years?! Check that. YOU haven't since 2010.:lol: Shame on you Pete!)

:jawdrop:

181 - 199 of 199 Posts
About this Discussion
198 Replies
70 Participants
HarlequinPixie
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing