VW Beetle Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
r0nd3L said:
Maybe V3 is different because it's rebound AND damping adjustable while Konis are only damping adjustable.
Quite possible since the V3 shocks have separate adjustments for both as well. PSS9s, for instance, have this adjustment but they are adjusted together.

icyustare said:
I went to get some new wiper blades yesterday but I did not see a ICON blades listed in the Bosch book for a 2005 beetle, do you know the numbers that fit? Mines a 2.0...thanks for the help.
I recommend getting Valeo Ultimate blades from www.tirerack.com. They are running a deal for buy one get one free so you get two for $20. I just got some for me and my friend and they work awesome.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
I've tried both teh Bosch ICONs and the Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades. Personally, I prefer the ICONs because they seem to maintain better contact on the passenger's side where the windshield is significantly curved. For both, I recommend a 22" blade for the driver and 21" for the passenger. You might have to make some small adjustments to the wiper arms to prevent the blades from hitting each other, but that isn't hard to do. Factory wiper blade size is 21" for both sides, but I feel the 22" blade on the driver's side maintains better contact with the windshield over the 21" one.

Pelican18TQA4 said:
I've tried both teh Bosch ICONs and the Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades. Personally, I prefer the ICONs because they seem to maintain better contact on the passenger's side where the windshield is significantly curved. For both, I recommend a 22" blade for the driver and 21" for the passenger. You might have to make some small adjustments to the wiper arms to prevent the blades from hitting each other, but that isn't hard to do. Factory wiper blade size is 21" for both sides, but I feel the 22" blade on the driver's side maintains better contact with the windshield over the 21" one.

I want to try the ICONs, so the listings in the bosch book dont matter? If I get the lengths suggested they will fit to my bug? 2005 gls 2.0? ....thanks for the help.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Since the last post on Soot's thread was about wipers, I figured I'd post something interesting I figured out yesterday. I purchased a replacement set of the Bosch ICON wiperblades. The Bosch book still doesn't list a part # for the ICONs on the NB/NBC. When I purchased these wipers the first time, I got two 21A's. There were 21B's also available but I could see no discernable difference. The difference is this, the B's have more of a curve in the blade than do the A's. The B's hug the NB/NBC windshield better at the edges of the blade so you get a nice clean wiper with no excess water around the edges of the blades. Just an FYI, if you're getting the Bosch ICON wiperblades, get two 21B wiperblades.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Well everyone, Soot and I will be parting ways on 9/24 when I take delivery of a '08 Candy White R32. It's been a great ride and I will certainly miss the NB/NBC camaraderie. I will most certainly still attend as many NB/NBC events that I can because most of all, the fellow owners that I've met through the years have been the best part. I'll post pics after delivery!

I saw your car today. I knew it when I saw it. It's over here on the west coast now in southern california :)

-Blake

Haha, it's in the hands of a very reputable TDI dealer and respected member of TDIClub. I'm sure it'll find a good home :)

-Blake

Discussion starter · #75 ·
Reminiscing about my old buddy, Soot. Noticed that all the pic links were broken, so fixed them while I was here. Such fond memories of this car and the NB crowd!!

Reminiscing about my old buddy, Soot. Noticed that all the pic links were broken, so fixed them while I was here. Such fond memories of this car and the NB crowd!!
Wow! Great looking beetle!
I have the same taillights, did yours come with the fake chrome part? If so how did you remove it without damaging the taillight?

Nice TDI, JL all around thats what im talking about!! Def looking forward to see what you do next. I did dual exhaust also and love it.

Discussion starter · #78 ·
Wow! Great looking beetle!
I have the same taillights, did yours come with the fake chrome part? If so how did you remove it without damaging the taillight?
Yep, the tail lights came with the chrome strip. I just removed it and then removed any glue residue that was left behind. The strip was held on by double-sided foam tape if I recall correctly.

Nice TDI, JL all around thats what im talking about!! Def looking forward to see what you do next. I did dual exhaust also and love it.
Thanks! The dual exhaust was fun, and looked the part. As for what's next, I'm not sure...I haven't had the car since 2008 :p I was just feeling a bit nostalgic about the car. This was definitely one of my favorite cars, hands down.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.