VW Beetle Forum banner

Pelican18TQA4 - 2005 Platinum Gray GLS TDI DSG

12K views 77 replies 23 participants last post by  Pelican18TQA4 
#1 · (Edited)
For those that aren't familiar already, meet SOOT!!

Exterior:

- KW v3 coilovers
- 17" Moda R1's w/Pirelli Pzero Nero's
- Clear front turn signals w/LED bulbs
- OEM rear fog light w/LED bulb
- Landspeed No-Drill spoiler
- Bosch ICON Wiperblades
- In-Pro LED tail lights
- LED rear sidemarkers
- 20% tint all around
- OEM European TDI badge
- Disabled DRLs
- H2Sport Sport Spindles
- 12.3" TT brakes w/red calipers
- Dieselgeek skidplate

Interior:

- Monster Mats
- Autometer gauge pod w/Autometer Cobalt boost, water temp and oil temp gauges
- Lighted budvase
- OEM European headlight switch
- Alientech window controller
- Passat sunglass holder

Performance:

- Boostvalve
- Rocketchip ECU reflash
- Snowboxectomy
- Turbo S fender liner
- Custom dual exhaust
- Mufflerectomy

ICE:

- Pioneer AVIC-N3 in-dash navigation
- JL Audio 450/4
- JL Audio 500/1
- JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way components
- JL Audio XR650-CXi 2-way coaxials
- JL Audio 10W7

UPDATE:

I hit 10,000 miles today and I snapped a (crappy) pic from my cellphone. I can't believe this, 10,000 miles in only 6 months!!

EDIT: scroll down for new pics!

See less See more
#4 ·
You've got a great TDI. :bigthumb:

And, yes, the tails look great. How are they, btw? No fit problems like previous generations of aftermarket tail lights, I guess? I'm on the verge of getting a set for my TDI, see... :D

#5 ·
Soot's looking good Dave...and I'll finally get to hear him on the Bear Mtn run. :) You'll have to let me drive him though...and bring your VAGCOM! :) I still need to code my cluster a bit.

#6 ·
ASurroca said:
You've got a great TDI. :bigthumb:

And, yes, the tails look great. How are they, btw? No fit problems like previous generations of aftermarket tail lights, I guess? I'm on the verge of getting a set for my TDI, see... :D
Fit is perfect, just as factory! I've gotten a lot of complements on them and I've only ever seen them on 2 other NB/NBC's!

#7 ·
The Cheat said:
Soot's looking good Dave...and I'll finally get to hear him on the Bear Mtn run. :) You'll have to let me drive him though...and bring your VAGCOM! :) I still need to code my cluster a bit.

Justin, do you have a boost gauge in your car? If so, what kind of boost pressures are you seeing at full-throttle? I'm still seeing 23psi even with a Boostvalve installed and I can't figure out why!

Don't worry, VAG-COM will tag along this time ;)

#10 ·
Pelican18TQA4 said:
You've got RC1 too though, correct? What are you seeing with that program running?
RC2. :) Was seeing 19 steady, 23 on a spike. Something tells me your car likes boost (or Jeff messed up your chip). Go see him and tell him what's up. He's real good about that, and I need to get my ECU to him so I can have him do up stage 4 with the 3bar MAP. :)

#11 ·
Where can I get me some of those taillights? Most excellent!

I am not a fan of Altezzas, but those LEDs are beautiful! I was debating between red/clear, or LEDs. The latter will win! Now, if only I can get brave enough, seeing as I am the Queen of Stock! :queen:

I love your TDI. Not only a gorgeous, fun car, but it gets 45+/- mpgs! :party: The best of all worlds! :bigthumb:

#13 ·
dnyed said:
Where can I get me some of those taillights? Most excellent!

I am not a fan of Altezzas, but those LEDs are beautiful! I was debating between red/clear, or LEDs. The latter will win! Now, if only I can get brave enough, seeing as I am the Queen of Stock! :queen:

I love your TDI. Not only a gorgeous, fun car, but it gets 45+/- mpgs! :party: The best of all worlds! :bigthumb:
I got mine on eBay for around $200. I know that TVA carries them, but they're kind of expensive at $289. Here's an eBay auction for a set for $269. I know for a fact that I paid just over $200 for them over a year ago, perhaps there's more demand now. They're made by In Pro.

#14 ·
Thanks!:)

#15 ·
Pelican18TQA4 said:
This is what I'm seeing:

I know what you're thinking, why in the heck am I complaing! However, this can't be good for the tiny turbo on the TDI.
Ben Carr on tdiclub is pushing 22 easy on his. :) He's got injectors too. I say it can't be good in the long run, but for now, live it up. You have a mod-friendly dealer (lucky!!!), so I say roll with it. But definitely have Jeff figure it out. You should only be at 18psi, 20max.

I MIGHT have the BT on for Bear Mtn if the ALH manifold will fit my PD. The turbo came off my sister's 99...we'll see how it goes. :)

#16 · (Edited)
UPDATE #2:

I gave Soot a much-needed (two straight weeks of rain!) bath today and decided to snap some pics with the new Vogtland springs. Besides, I never got a good shot of him with the No-Drill spoiler...

Keep in mind, these pics were taken with the fuel tank all but empty. With a full tank the car sits perfectly. Whereas before, with the NB specific springs, the back end would sag noticeably until about 1/4 tank was left.

#19 ·
Hey Dave was great meeting you!

Your car is even more beautiful in person and those tails rock. :)

I'm trying hard not to decide I need them on the Princess.

However----the wing from lanspeed----can you hook me up to a link for buying one.

Christmas is coming and I'm making my list!

:cool:

#21 ·
angelworks said:

However----the wing from lanspeed----can you hook me up to a link for buying one.

if you ever want to sell your red/clears...you have a buyer. :)

#22 ·
angelworks said:

Click here for the Landspeed spoiler. Not exactly cheap but it looks nice and is fairly easy to mount.

#25 ·
I must say, Dave, your NB is def HOT!
You and Jen have to try and join us for the Jones Beach gtg in dec! Should be lots of fun!!!
:goodjob:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.