NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my NB about 4 months ago, from my aunt who almsot never used it. She's a Cyber Green GLS, 2.0L engine, and a cream interior. It had sat outside for 5 years, being driven once or twice a year. The battery kept going flat from lack of use! When my aunt moved out to the west coast, she sold me her NB, which she had named Penny. I think it's a fitting name for an NB, and it's bad luck to change the name of something, so Penny stuck. As of right now, shes up to 13k miles, and gets driven alot. I've just started doing some subtle mods, and here are the pics:

On the drawing board:
Exterior:
- ATS/Cord Body Kit (front lip spoiler, side skirts, rear valence)
- ATS/Cord Easy Fit Spoiler (installed)
- RS4 Replica 16/17” Wheels OR Borbet Type CA 16/17” Wheels
- Half Amber/Clear Rear Turn Signals
- Alteeza Euro Clear Tail Lights (with Sylvanna amber turn signal bulbs)
- Black Beltline Stripe With VW Logo(still thinking on this one)
- New antenna
- Euro Logos?

Interior:
- Cyber Green Dyed Inner Seat Covers
- Center Console Painted Cyber Green
- “Penny” Emblem On Center Console
- Audi TT Pedals
- Euro Light Switch

I haven't decided on wheel size yet, moeny is a bit tight for me, so not having to buy new tires would be a plus. These tires are also in good shape, they were replaced not too long ago. Also these are the tail lights I'm looking at (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04-VW-BEETLE-EURO-JDM-BLACK-TAIL-LIGHTS-LIGHT-99-01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQitemZ8004436900QQtcZphoto)
would the black lights look better than the clear ones? I'm having trouble deciding, also, any opinons you all have on anything are appreciated.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE!

Well a lot has happened to my car since I last updated this thread! She was involved in a fender bender, but the person who hit her payed in full, and as a result, the entire front of the car has fresh paint! All damage was repaired, and the blended the front of the car to match the body. It was a hassle, but the body shop did good work. Also, Penny turned 15,000 miles last weekend! I installed clear turn signals, an S2000 style antenna from Enfig, fog grills and red and clear taillights! I have Silverstar bulbs in the front and rear turn signals also.

Without much further ado:

I've revised my mod plan alot, here's whats up next:
-Dark Green custom pinstripe
-Dark Green rocker panels
-Modest Tint
-NEW WHEELS! Now thinking Ronal R38's or Replica RS4's, probably in 17" as opposed to 18". Cheaper and lighter! The Ronals will get the outer rim painted cyber green, like what Marvin's Dad has.
-Solid headrest swap
-2006 Center Console(if doable) and 2006 side sun visors
-Lots of interior stuff!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi,

Penny is sure a nice looking bug!!

keep posting more pic's when you take more, and to show your new mods!

John K.

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Wow my 2000 only has 97,000 miles on it.:D Very nice NB hope to see good things in the future. Nice clean mods so far. Sorry to hear about your fender bender, but it will be ok...Yelojkt had his front end smashed up by a deer ($5,000 damage) but he is fine now, and Penny will be too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is an update of some photoshop work I've done.
It shows off all the future mods I plan on, including putting in Turbo S turn signals as DRLs!

Fun Fact: This picture is the same picture I first posted of my car, taken on Oct. 3rd 2005! Not one thing in this picture is real except for the car. All the mods have been done in photoshop.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want a Turbo S bumper. I just need two small holes cut in the plastic. If dealers can put holes in'em for for liscence plates, hole for these lights souldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I was only saying that the bumper is flexible, so the holes won't be perfect, and the bumper will need to be repainted.

How would the lights be supported is another interesting question.

But if you've got the money honey :D

SMG

·
Green Turbo Beetle
98 Posts
Aaaaawww another proud owner of a 2000 CyberGreen Beetle, it warms my heart :D and WOW! 15K on a 2000 Damn! I have almost 90K on my 2000 NB, I like your ideas for future mods ;) nice beetle too ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are the latest developments:

Good stuff:

Platemate

New Shoes :D

P-Flo

Bad stuff:
Dent caused by my dad backing into my car. :mad:
He's going to pay for the repairs, AND is paying to have the holes in my front bumper filled! Thanks Dad! ;)

Bonus pics of Penny and Gina's Pepper, she came over and let me borrow her jack for installing my wheels!

Also, Penny is about to trun 17,000 miles!

·
Zaba00
24 Posts
Wow, found another bug with my shoes. lol. Except I just got mine, but I've wanted them for over 3 years now. Are yours 17's? I bought 18's, but I live in Daytona Beach, FL :D

Good work, I like your taste :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts