VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have suggestions on performance exhaust? I was going to go with AWE, but they do not make a system for the 2.5l bug.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen videos on 2.5 bugs with a magnaflow exhaust, but I thought it sounded "ricey". nothing like my old 2.0 witht hemagnaflow, that had a nice muscle rumble to it.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,867 Posts
I have seen videos on 2.5 bugs with a magnaflow exhaust, but I thought it sounded "ricey". nothing like my old 2.0 witht hemagnaflow, that had a nice muscle rumble to it.
Yeah, I'm looking.for a muscle rumble too. I figure a 5cyl. Should give us a nice deep throaty exhaust note.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just shot AWE an email, so I will wait to see what they say.

·
Gustav
349 Posts
Honestly your best bet is to find a good muffler shop and have them fabricate a custom cat back for you. It will cost you less money and you can choose your muffler tone. My exhaust guy bent the tubes and installed them then called me in to hear a few different mufflers. He just slid them on the end of the pipe while the car was running so I could hear the difference in tone.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,867 Posts
Honestly your best bet is to find a good muffler shop and have them fabricate a custom cat back for you. It will cost you less money and you can choose your muffler tone. My exhaust guy bent the tubes and installed them then called me in to hear a few different mufflers. He just slid them on the end of the pipe while the car was running so I could hear the difference in tone.
Cool idea. Thanks for the tip!

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard back from AWE, they will not sell components and do not do a kit for 2.5l bugs. but he also mentioned that he has heard of folks buying the mk6 golf 2.5l system and modding it, although he does not know how they mod it.

·
Registered
15,100 Posts
I would check; the usual performance exhaust companies.

I guess; it depends on what type of exhaust system you want and how aggressive you want it to be? Magnaflow; lists exhaust systems for 2012+ Beetles with the 2.5. Based upon the product picture; it looks like the 2.5L has one exhaust pipe vs. duals the 2.0T has?

Magnaflow part #15210

Typical online pricing: $600-$700 or so.

Fits 2012-2014 Beetle

Cat Back, 2.5" with polished dual tips, stainless steel.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=15210

Made in the USA and engineered to last, for those seeking increased performance and better economy, MagnaFlow Touring Series Performance Exhaust systems deliver the smooth deep sound you want and the wide-open performance power you need. Our exhaust systems feature straight-through flow designs for the ultimate in unrestricted horsepower and torque for big power while maintaining exhaust efficiency. These systems are an engineered balance of interior and exterior noise levels and are tested against SAE j1169 standards. •Made in the U.S.A. •All Mandrel Bent Tubing •409 Stainless Steel Construction •Increased Horsepower and Torque •Lifetime Construction Warranty

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've listened to the magnaflow systems on youtube and don't really like them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts