NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i was looking at a recent issue of Performance VW and it had an article on the Show & Go at Raceway Park in NJ from back in April. It's the issue with the sweet black Corrado on the cover.

Were there any org member's cars there? Was your car in that issue? I'm really looking forward to the one on 10/9/05 and i would love to know who's car was photographed. Not many Beetles in the magazine at all though. I wanted to see a pic and say , HEY I KNOW THAT CAR!"

Oh and i wasn't sure if this should go in the events section or what so i dropped it here.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Good call on forum, I dunno where else it'd fit better.

I've never been in any mags. :p So that rules me out. hehe.

Good luck, there's bound to be few members w/some mag worthy rides....

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
noR said:
Good luck, there's bound to be few members w/some mag worthy rides....
There sure are a few. Here's one!

Rony's ride, Pamela. He's 1.8TurboS at the old Org....... I found this in Eurotuner. (I don't know why I got it in the mail, But I'm glad I did!). Congrats! :p

Attachments

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice with the Eurotuner...i was reading that same piece just yesterday. Had the issue lying around and brought it to place in the mens room here at work.

I am noticing SO few Beetles in the car mags. Kinda sad. The flagship model and the enthusiasts are into Golfs and GTIs? COme on man! BEETLES ARE THE ONLY CARS THAT MATTER...PERIOD.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Beetles in mags

Don't be looking for New Beetles in Eurotuner.
The editor, Greg Emerson (dorkey Brit)is on record as
stating that the collective editorial staff doesn't
much care for New Beetles.
Even though you will see the odd NB,the magazine has taken a
downward spiral with this new editor and staff.
I voiced my opinion at Waterfest to the poor slobs in their
booth, who had the grace to appear embarrased.
That said, the fact remains that Eurotuner is still a viable source of tuner information.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I agree with your position about this mag. They're like the 'tex, but in print. I was astonished to see a New Beetle in there, but even more so, that I knew it~!:D

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
CA Solt said:
Don't be looking for New Beetles in Eurotuner.
The editor, Greg Emerson (dorkey Brit)is on record as
stating that the collective editorial staff doesn't
much care for New Beetles.
All I can say to that is, Those that hate the NB, just wish they owned one. :)

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
dnyed said:
There sure are a few. Here's one!

Rony's ride, Pamela. He's 1.8TurboS at the old Org....... I found this in Eurotuner. (I don't know why I got it in the mail, But I'm glad I did!). Congrats! :p
Ha, I guess I'm not the only one who noticed that. I opened up the latest Eurotuner and saw a familiar black bug, and immediately called Rony to tell him. Unfortunately, this went to press before he added the new huge turbo, so it is not mentioned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts