NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone installed this Halfords | Philips CED780 Navigation System with Bluetooth in their new beetle or similar? I'm taking it into Halfords for them to install it (as I'm not sure about a few things) but they did say on the phone that the screen won't come out properly because of the design of the beetle dashboard? I understand it will go in front of the vents which isn't a problem as I only ever use those vents for cold air (I always have hot air blowing through the footwell otherwise the car gets too stuffy) but I'm puzzled as to how they think it won't be able to come out properly (they say it won't sit at the correct angle) as the dashboard slopes away.

They have said I will be able to change it but I liked the look of this one as it has everything I want - namely bluetooth, iPhone compatible and sat nav. I love gadgets so was hoping to tech my car up a little :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's a nice looking unit. Can't think of a reason why the screen would interfere with the dash - as long as the unit goes in straight (ie horizontal). There are some photos in other threads showing similar systems with the screen sitting up nicely in front of the vents. Let us know how it goes. That's the sort of unit I'm looking for.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have a sony head unit that opens and you can put an ipod in there for music. It will not open properly due to how far back the head unit sits relative to the dash. I suspect you'll have the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts