NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I wanted to let everyone know about a show that is coming up sponsored by a very active dealer here in the PHX area. It is called Volkstock and it sure would be cool if we could get some Water Cooled Beetles to represent. I don't consider my car much of a show car, soooo I will probably just be hangin for the day. :fro:

It looks like it will be a good time. They are going for a 60's theme and will have live :rockband:. The weather should be just about perfect at that time. :cool:

Here is the link to the Facebook page:

VolkStock - AZ | Facebook

I will also post on The Collective.

I believe this is the first year for this show, but these guys have done shows before and also do cruise-ins once a month with free food and such, so I think this will be good. They are one of those dealers that really, really seem to love Volkswagens!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Hey all! I wanted to let everyone know about a show that is coming up sponsored by a very active dealer here in the PHX area. It is called Volkstock and it sure would be cool if we could get some Water Cooled Beetles to represent. I don't consider my car much of a show car, soooo I will probably just be hangin for the day. :fro:

/QUOTE]

But........imagine if more water-cooled Beetle owners did consider their cars to be show-worthy. If a stock air-cooled Bug from the 50s, 60s, or 70s can be admired at VW shows, then
why not NBs and 2012+ Beetles, too? This is what I'm trying to change. ;)

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

/QUOTE]

But........imagine if more water-cooled Beetle owners did consider their cars to be show-worthy. If a stock air-cooled Bug from the 50s, 60s, or 70s can be admired at VW shows, then
why not NBs and 2012+ Beetles, too? This is what I'm trying to change. ;)
You misunderstood what I was saying. I don't consider MY car a show car, not my type of car. If I felt my car was ready to show, I would do it in a heartbeat. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
You misunderstood what I was saying. I don't consider MY car a show car, not my type of car. If I felt my car was ready to show, I would do it in a heartbeat. ;)

OK, sorry, I thought you meant it wasn't a show car just because it's a New Beetle instead of an air-cooled. I'm also trying to get more VW enthusiasts to appreciate STOCK VWs of all kinds. For example, If I had a MK IV or even a MK VI Jetta that looked nice, I'd put it in a show without a single modification. What really bugs me (pardon the pun) at my local club's shows is when some ratty-looking 45-year old Beetle or Bus that needs $5000 of body work will make the Top 25 while something like a 2000 NB or Passat that looks brand new doesn't get a second glance........

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, sorry, I thought you meant it wasn't a show car just because it's a New Beetle instead of an air-cooled. I'm also trying to get more VW enthusiasts to appreciate STOCK VWs of all kinds. For example, If I had a MK IV or even a MK VI Jetta that looked nice, I'd put it in a show without a single modification. What really bugs me (pardon the pun) at my local club's shows is when some ratty-looking 45-year old Beetle or Bus that needs $5000 of body work will make the Top 25 while something like a 2000 NB or Passat that looks brand new doesn't get a second glance........
I hear you completely. If mine was clean stock I would even put it in, especially being the TS. However mine has some cosmetic issues that keep me from doing so.

I am hopeful to have some of that stuff fixed by Roswell. ;)

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I look forward to seeing you at Roswell and hope the turnout is better than it was in 2011. I love the desert and warm weather and wish I could check out this Phoenix deal, but I'm well over 1000 miles away and can only travel that far a couple of times a year at most.
Looking forward to it as well, this is the first year for the show, I think, so we will see how it goes. Hopefully it will gain momentum over the next several years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts