VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
charlotte :)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello! :)

does anyone have any decent pictures of the standard cream cloth interior please? dash, seats, seatbelts etc etc...

hopefully having a beetle for my 21st in a few months and just wondering what the cloth looks like as ive only seen cream in the leather...

thanks!
charlotte​

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tooooooo expensive! just cant afford the extra £2000 that it would cost! and i plan to have the harvest moon beige with the beige hood, so thought cream would look better than black! although cream leather would have been my first choice it is simply not possible hehe!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I had cream cloth interior and it got dirty sooooo easily! :( I bought black seats from another member who won leather seats on ebay. Even rain left stains on them! :eek: I would go with the black cloth and just use seat covers in the summer to combat the heat. :)

Welcome to the .org!! :wave:

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh no!! :( i have my heart set on the cream ones! i think with the cream exterior black looks a bit too harsh, another reason for also preferring the beige hood rather than the black!... but i can see that getting them dirty would be a big concern- always the possibility of seat covers though i suppose, also seen quite a few on here with a rug or blanket on the back seats to protect them & suppose i'd just have to be extra careful with the front ones! but definitely something to think about! thanks!:confused:

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
oh no!! :( i have my heart set on the cream ones! i think with the cream exterior black looks a bit too harsh, another reason for also preferring the beige hood rather than the black!... but i can see that getting them dirty would be a big concern- always the possibility of seat covers though i suppose, also seen quite a few on here with a rug or blanket on the back seats to protect them & suppose i'd just have to be extra careful with the front ones! but definitely something to think about! thanks!:confused:
I've seen Harvest moon 'verts with black seats and matching top. It's a pretty snazzy lookin' combo! :goodjob: I wouldn't rule that possibility out, either :)

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://dealerrevs.com/pictures/3254642.jpg

thats the colour conbination ive fallen in love with! just dont see as many with the beige on cream and i think it works really well... off for another test drive this weekend- getting really excited even though my birthdays not until march!

dont suppose you have any pics of the beige interior when you had it do you? just not seen many proper pics of it and wondering what colour the dash area and seatbelts etc are.. if theyre beige to match or if they are black and stick out like a sore thumb?!

any helps much appreciated :D

·
The Silver Bullet
410 Posts
I don't think they even make a vert with cloth seats? Who would you want cloth in case it gets rained on? They'd be ruined! Get leather, you'll be much happier!

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the uk vw website the convertible is available with cloth seats, they come as standard. plus - only gonna get rained on if the roofs down which it wouldnt be in the rain hehe! leather isnt an option for me due to the extra cost of £2000 which just isnt possible

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
The only thing that will be out of place then is the black dash. Those are black in ALL models I believe. That'll look SOOO out of place is nothing else is black. But I understand wanting cream colored seats. Good luck to you. I have black leather, (didn't ask for it, just came with the car when I got it used) and I LOVE it.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeahh! thats what i was thinking as well & one of the reasons i wanted to see some pics.. it does look out of place doesnt it! but then, i think if i get black cloth with a beige hood (which i am definitely having) it would look worse... really not too sure though because black cloth would be much easier to maintain i guess... decision to make!

thanks for your post! :)

·
The Silver Bullet
410 Posts
Here's some to ponder. Just googled Harvest Moon Beige convertible and it linked to all these threads on here! I thought that was pretty funny! Anyway, here are two that have the cream interior, although I believe it's cream leather and not cloth, but you get the idea of the contrast between the dashboard and steering wheel. I really hope I'm not coming across as being nasty or anything, but I want a vert so bad myself I guess I might be projecting a little on someone who is shopping. LOL! Of course, if I were shopping it would be Heavenly Blue or Reflex Silver, hands down. The Harvest Moon is my least favorite Beetle color, but that's just my personal opinion. Anyway, I'll stop rambling and here are the pics I found!

harvest moon.jpg

harvest moon 2.JPG

These are two different cars, BTW. One has a beige top and the other a black top. I should have gotten their names but I didn't. Sorry!

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh they're really good photos shows the contrast really well thankyou :D

non dont worry about expressing your opinion! thats really what im asking for! and as i said before, the cream leather would definitely be my first choice if the money wasnt an issue, im only a student and its my parents who are getting me the car for my 21st and the cars pretttttty expensive as it is without asking for leather seats! it is possible that i could MAYBE save the money for the leather between now and march (my birthday) as i do work through all my uni holidays but its something i need to think about.

going into my local dealership on sunday to discuss everything and all the options and deals and prices etc etc because they can do some good deals on new buys apparently so i'll definitely be asking about the leather interior..

pics are greatly appreciated just what i was looking for! :D

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
I bought a 2006 brand new Harvest Moon bug with LEATHER creme seats, and they were a pain to keep clean, I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep cloth clean. But if you do, good luck!!! I usually don't let peeps eat or drink i my Bug but, sometimes in the colder months, It is hard. Good luck!!!

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i would have to take good care of them if i do go for cream! depending on what deal the dealership can offer me i might be able to save for the leather but just depends on the money really!... i have to say i do prefer the cream interiors to the black ones though- cloth or leather... definitely wont be letting anyone eat in it! hahah have to get a welcome mat for people to wipe their shoes on before they get in as well!... bit extreme.- maybe! :lol:

·
buggin
694 Posts
you want a picture of the infamous cream interior huh?

seriously, it's awful. Mine is stained at all blotchy beyond belief and it's 80 just from water! yea, water! Go grey or black, you wont regret it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts