NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
266 Posts
Over all pretty good, id have to say the beetle ph is the best and reallly like it. Drop on it looks good. Only thing you eliminated the line were the front end and fenders meet i would do that in the back of the car too. But awesome ph skills.

·
22 Posts
yeah the bug drop looks pretty cool, i was thinking about lowering my bug so that actually makes me want to do it even more. and its good to see a fellow puyallup-anian or whatever you call us , in the forums. :cheese:

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
dung beetle said:
yeah the bug drop looks pretty cool, i was thinking about lowering my bug so that actually makes me want to do it even more. and its good to see a fellow puyallup-anian or whatever you call us , in the forums. :cheese:

Oh my, another one of you Puyallup'ers? Cool!

·
Tom
36 Posts
2003BlueLagoon said:
Excellent picture! Can you tell us how you did that in Photoshop?
Instruction for the dummies, please!

:)
2003BlueLagoon
Hi there,
Hi photographed image in color.
I converted the image in photoshop to B&W using the blue channel.
I created a second layer from the first and exagerated the highlights to give the black and white areas a soft look. I then blended the two layers together.
The last step was to use photoshop's history brush to restore the color to the frog. I think I also increase the saturation a bit to make the frog stand out.

In short if you have photo shop you can render an image to black and white and then use the history brush to bring back the color in certain areas.

you can see in this picture kind of how the photo looked before I photoshoped it...not all that exciting.

Tom

Attachments

·
Tom
36 Posts
MY1STNB said:
sorry this is the finall with the tuch ups dune
Nice design. I like the color and the lines! This has a pretty realistic look.

The only thing I would add is that I would have tried to blend or smooth some of the edges. The wheel wells looked a little sharp. By smoothing the edges of the outside of the car, it would have made it fit more naturally into the background.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts