VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a good event for anyone in this area. It's put on by a club called Stateline Volksfolks and will be held this year on Sunday, July 13 from 9:00-3:00 in Alpine Park in Rockford. It's mostly air-cooled (Aren't practically ALL VW shows?) but a good showing of 1998+ Beetles were there last year and there is a class for our cars. I met a couple of Orgers there last summer, Opelmania and Mokie 3, and hope to see them again. It's well worth checking out.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Hi Pat, :wave3: I'm not sure if I'm going to make it out there this year. My car is in need of some work and not show worthy. :eek: I may just come out to see everyone & the VW's that show up there. Glad to see that you are coming down for the event again this year. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How's it going? Hope to see you there either way. I'll continue to go to this show as long as they keep a NB class. I didn't make Crystal Lake last year, but I'm planning on it this year to see what it's like. I was very disappointed in Effingham. That "new" water-cooled section wasn't anything new at all. There were 14 water-cooled Beetles buried (and ignored) in a sea of hundreds of air-cooleds as usual.

Do you know if Mokie 3 is still around? I haven't heard from her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts