- 5 Gear Tiptronic Gearbox
- 830 KG !!!
- Aluminium Trunkhood, Aluminium Fronthood
- Magnesium Steeringwheel
- Magnesium 14" Wheels
- Aluminium Seats
- Many other parts Aluminium or Magnesium
- Saves 130 kg to standard VW Lupo
- Stop/Start Function (After pushing the brake for 3 seconds on traffic-light stop engine stops, after relasing brake, motor starts up again

My wifey did a few mods:

- JCV KD-G 511 MP3-Radio
- Audison 2/1 Channel Amplifier
- Blaupunkt GTT 12" Bass-Box
- Artificial Turf Floor Mats :)
- Trunk Cover with Artificial Turf and Flowers :)
- Audi TT Pedals (Automatic Version)

more photos follow...

;)

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
If your Lupo 3L was that funky limey yellow color, I'd offer you a fair trade...what am I saying, I'd trade you right now for yours if I wasn't so attached to MY oil-burner. :)

Wish we got those here. :(

/wishing a Lupo 3L to come to the US

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Naturally, I see the Beetle's also a TDI :bigthumb:

I'm curious abotu the Lupo, since us folks in the States never got them (nor will be be getting the new Fox). Since it employs all the fuel-saving techniques in the book (just like gas hybrids do these days), how is the performance, say, relative to your New Beetle TDI. In other words, does it drive as slowly as it drinks fuel? :p

I love the interior, btw. The steering wheel looks, dare I say, cooler than the one in our New Beetles!

·
Aus Liebe zum Automobil.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Cheat said:
If your Lupo 3L was that funky limey yellow color, I'd offer you a fair trade...what am I saying, I'd trade you right now for yours if I wasn't so attached to MY oil-burner. :)

Wish we got those here. :(

/wishing a Lupo 3L to come to the US
...hmmm, is it not possible to import one from europe ???

i mean, we are also importing chevy´s or caddy´s to europe, so why not importing Lupo´s to the US ? :cool:

...soo if you are in europe somewhen, for holiday or business trip, visit us... you can ride the 3L for the time you spend here ;)

...have a nice weekend.

·
Aus Liebe zum Automobil.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ASurroca said:
In other words, does it drive as slowly as it drinks fuel? :p
you won´t believe, but we made a small race on an empty street as i got my Beetle TDI few weeks ago..

what can i say... it´s the same time it needs from 0-100 km/h as the beetle TDI :D

...and top-speed is neary 190 KM/H ...so.. faster than mine...:mad:

ok, when you switch into ECO-Mode, a ´75 BUG is faster... ;)

...;)

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
PieAitsch said:
...hmmm, is it not possible to import one from europe ???

i mean, we are also importing chevy´s or caddy´s to europe, so why not importing Lupo´s to the US ? :cool:

...soo if you are in europe somewhen, for holiday or business trip, visit us... you can ride the 3L for the time you spend here ;)

...have a nice weekend.
I researched it...because we don't get the Lupo at all here in the US, I can bring it in as a parts car (in pieces), show car (meaning 500 miles or less/year), or if I actually want to drive it, I need to sacrifice a Lupo to the NHTSA, who after crashing it will say yes or no.

As for coming to Europe...don't tempt me. :p I've been wanting to back, and the promise of a drive in a Lupo 3L is really making me wonder whether I want to move or blow the money on a vacation. :)

·
Aus Liebe zum Automobil.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Cheat said:
.... i need to sacrifice a Lupo to the NHTSA, who after crashing it will say yes or no.

As for coming to Europe...don't tempt me. :p I've been wanting to back, and the promise of a drive in a Lupo 3L is really making me wonder whether I want to move or blow the money on a vacation. :)
??? after crashing it ??? hmm after a crash you´re not able to drive the car anymore :D ...what is that NHTSA ? :rolleyes:

...don´t go to vacation :p :p , you´re welcome is düsseldorf / neuss to drive our 3L ;)

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Speaking of Lupo ;)

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Next photo is of the engine bay, so that we can be even more jelous!:) Thanks!

Here in the US we can only get a handful of cars with a diesel engine, because the diesel fuel available is not good enough for engines to meet emissions standards (Our diesel fuel is 500 ppm sulfur, and min cetane is only 42). When VW did a cross-country demo of the Lupo (or was it some other small TDI?), I remember reading that VW had to use their own fuel truck with high cetane diesel to follow the TDI around!

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Vw Technology!

Does it show what a simple girl I am that I'm in love with the cup holder in the Lupo?? LOVE that idea! Very nice rides...you're both very lucky:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts