NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When and where is this Texas New Beetle Roundup? Is this a yearly show? How many cars show up? It sounds very interesting, but I don't want to drive over 1000 miles to see; say,40 cars. I notice that the last post on this topic is a year old, so I'm not holding my breath.......I can't find any info on their website, either, which makes me wonder, Was this a flop? I hope not.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
It wasn't a flop - the first several years were very good. The club has waned a bit and there is not enough help to put it on.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Besides the Texas show that no longer exists and the Roswell show that only happens every OTHER year, are there any other New Beetle-exclusive events anywhere in the US?

The idea of a strictly New Beetle show is intriguing, because nobody would have to deal with those in the air-cooled segment who won't even acknowledge that water-cooled VW's; let alone New Beetles, are just as cool.

I live in Wisconsin, but WILL travel to a NB show if it sounds fun.;) Unfortunately, our summer show season here is pathetically short.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Besides the Texas show that no longer exists and the Roswell show that only happens every OTHER year, are there any other New Beetle-exclusive events anywhere in the US?

The idea of a strictly New Beetle show is intriguing, because nobody would have to deal with those in the air-cooled segment who won't even acknowledge that water-cooled VW's; let alone New Beetles, are just as cool.

I live in Wisconsin, but WILL travel to a NB show if it sounds fun.;) Unfortunately, our summer show season here is pathetically short.
We all feel your pain, and passion as well:)

We love the air-cooled beetles; they paved the way for our nB's existence. Yep, sometimes our love for the AC dubs are greater than their love for our WC dubs; still we love em, and will attend their shows.

If you can, I hope you can, find some nB owners in your area and start with a GTG of your own. It takes paitence and dedication- it can be frustrating sometimes, but it will pay off if you stay the course. Tag a nB when you can, and hopefully that will direct them to the org and get interactive with not only this online community, but with others in your area. From there you can have a GTG of a few or build it into a GTG of the ages. Plus know that we've got your back here and will bump your threads and spread the word to the beetle collective.

Good luck buddy:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Looks like Tail of the Dragon GTG (North Carolina) is going to be a yearly event. Getting a huge boost next year because Roswell has gone to every two years (odd years). Those are really the only New Beetle Only events that I am aware of.

For a while there was Margaritaville in So Cal and the TNBRU in Dallas...but I think Margaritaville only lasted a few years and I think we put on the TNBRU for 7 shows?

The last TNBRU rained throughout the event, we had a great group of out of towners, but the large numbers for in town folks didn't come out because they were local and could choose not to. Bummer, that was probably about 25-ish cars that year...but in the years past we pushed 50 every year....which was good because we were competing with the Monster that WAS Roswell back in the day.

Last year we had it in October and a hurricane took the show out for good. Being that we had already done a low attendance show with the new sponsor Lewisville VW, we didn't want to waste their money and our reputation because of the rain out...so we called the show before people started traveling to Dallas for the show.

Unless we start getting a new group of folks here in the DFW area interested in the club and helping out with the show...there probably won't be any more TNBRUs...we dumped the shirts and goodie stuff at the Roswell show...so we would essentually have to start all over. Our current President stated that we were out of the show business.
That doesn't mean that if another VW club came along and wanted to jointly put on a show we wouldn't... but it would be a watercooled show primarily...not a New Beetle Only show. In fact in the last two years of the show we had invited other watercooled VW's to join us because of the dwindling NB numbers in the final years.

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Looks like Tail of the Dragon GTG (North Carolina) is going to be a yearly event. Getting a huge boost next year because Roswell has gone to every two years (odd years). Those are really the only New Beetle Only events that I am aware of.

For a while there was Margaritaville in So Cal and the TNBRU in Dallas...but I think Margaritaville only lasted a few years and I think we put on the TNBRU for 7 shows?

The last TNBRU rained throughout the event, we had a great group of out of towners, but the large numbers for in town folks didn't come out because they were local and could choose not to. Bummer, that was probably about 25-ish cars that year...but in the years past we pushed 50 every year....which was good because we were competing with the Monster that WAS Roswell back in the day.

Last year we had it in October and a hurricane took the show out for good. Being that we had already done a low attendance show with the new sponsor Lewisville VW, we didn't want to waste their money and our reputation because of the rain out...so we called the show before people started traveling to Dallas for the show.

Unless we start getting a new group of folks here in the DFW area interested in the club and helping out with the show...there probably won't be any more TNBRUs...we dumped the shirts and goodie stuff at the Roswell show...so we would essentually have to start all over. Our current President stated that we were out of the show business.
That doesn't mean that if another VW club came along and wanted to jointly put on a show we wouldn't... but it would be a watercooled show primarily...not a New Beetle Only show. In fact in the last two years of the show we had invited other watercooled VW's to join us because of the dwindling NB numbers in the final years.

Well I've been wondering about this but just haven't asked yet. Guess I got my answer. Sounds like there needs to be an all new Texas event developed. And maybe it needs to be more centrally located. ;)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You are kidding right? I can drive to Phoenix faster than I can drive to Houston. :)

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
What is central in texas?:p

Houston?
:rolleyes:

I was thinking someplace away from the big metro areas. Like maybe in the hill country - Marble Falls or someplace like that. :)

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
:rolleyes:

I was thinking someplace away from the big metro areas. Like maybe in the hill country - Marble Falls or someplace like that. :)

Hill counrty has the Texas VW Classic in Fredericksburg in April.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Texas New Beetle Round Up

:dunno: Any interest in getting this kickin' again? Let's hear from y'all!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
:dunno: Any interest in getting this kickin' again? Let's hear from y'all!
May I first suggest starting a new thread.

We're knocking on the door of 2011 and this thread is almost 2 years old. Creating a new thread will bring it to the org homepage, "new threads" section, and bring those unfamilar to this event in to the fold.

After posting the thread i'd continue to bump it as well as PM some of the TX orgers, in hopes to get them to join in.

I hope new life does come to TNBRU- the more the merrier:D!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Thanks, and I need start a new thread immediately after posting here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts