VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 2004 for daughter and car looks great except for that rear badge. Broke out the plasti dip to see what I could do. First painted all black then masked off parts of the badge and did the inserts in gunmetal. Probably took about an hour and a half from start to finish.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Plasti-dip is addicting -- relying on daughter's sense of taste to prevent me from going overboard.

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
was gonna give Starbug whitewalls with that stuff...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I might be a fan if it was glossy but the flat black makes everything look cheap and homemade in my opinion...a bunch of kids run around here with that on their wheels and emblems as well as the kids trying to imitate the murdered out black look and it just looks tacky and unfinished...like the car has been sitting out in the sun for 10 years or something with the dull finish...they make a glossy finish for plastidip by rustoleum yet nobody seems to use it...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think plasti-dip actually has a glossy finish as well -- as well as some metallic finish as well that you can apply. Considered the metallic finish but I preferred the flat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts