VW Beetle Forum banner

Plasti dipped my hood and trunk (copycat)

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Dee-Bug 
#1 ·
Well I saw the other thread with the guys silver beetle and plasti dip, so I thought it looked good and did mine. Next I'm wanting to do taillights and new fogs up front. I also painted the lower grille area where the fog lights are

See less See more
#4 ·
Sweet mang:cool:
Gonna tune my buddy Chuckie in to your thread for some inspiration.

How is it to wash? What are you using?

I'm curious as if there's a temporary way to give it a shine- kind of an armor all look, without the armor all. That way if you're in a mood to spruce it up & shine it up, you can...wash it off and it's back to the original matte.

Diggin your work:bigthumb:

#5 ·
I just use some car wash from the auto parts store, so far it washes good! Water rolls right off. Not sure what could shine it up, I heard that tire shine will eat it up.

Went out and taped off the lower portion of the rear bumper. Figured it would tie in the trunk.

#11 ·
Awesome... I decided when the warm weather comes out,I will be doing my roof.I have some dings and a little surface rust repair to cover up..Glad to see the amounts needed to cover each area..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.