VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bringing this over from the old forum.

Originally posted by FineExampl

Does anyone have any info on what this might be? As i was tipsily meandering across the street to my house i noticed something hanging below my car. Directly in front of the spare tire on the underside of the car is a plastic piece covering something. I don't know what it covers since i never jacked it up to look, but it appears to be missing a bolt or two and was hanging on one little pin. I managed to get it to hang from two pins, but now it's time to schedule a trip to the Beetle Doctor.

So my question is simple. What is this plastic thing called and what is it used for? I'd imagine it's some sort of shield or something, but i couldn't be certain as i am not yet a mechanic (although i am planning on going to school to be one in the next year or so specializing in foreign of course).

I would like to sound intelligent when i go up to the VW dealership so if anyone can tell me what this is i'd be your best friend.

oh yeah....and my third brake light is back not working. I must have a loose connection somewhere.

John

I was looking through ETKA and stumbled apon this. ETKA has it as, Lining, Rear Axel p/n 1J0 825 201 A. It's #1 below

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe there is something to grease up down there. who knows :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.