NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had a Football thread for years now, so I want to try a Baseball thread this year.

Post up your favorite team, and let's see how our crystal balls work out this year.

I'll start, Philadelphia Phillies are my adopted hometown team. Been rooting for them since the 1980 World Series run.

But, the SF Giants, when they played in Candlestick, are the team of my youth growing up in the Bay Area.

So, a few National League Title games have gotten me a bit conflicted over the recent years, lol...

I do have to say that the Phillies are built for the Postseason this year without a doubt. If our pitching holds up, then they will be the team to beat in the East.

Lisa and I are going to opening day this Thursday, which will be my first ever opening day MLB game. Wicked excited.

Who else is excited for baseball??

TechnTrix'd :wave3:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to the opener today for the Phillies, and man, did they crush it!!! Best Phillies game I have seen at Citizen Bank Park in close to 9 years. What a ton of fun!!

Anybody else make their team's home opener today?

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL..... Phillies are the only undefeated team in MLB right now. Just let that sink in for a minute.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phillies keep the wins coming with a pitching duel, 2-1 Win over Minnesota. Lisa and I are going to the game tomorrow night in Philly.

Can't wait

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great night to be in the park. Felt like an early June day, not an April day.

Phil's win 4-3 over the Nats. Couple of solo homers by Hoskins and a 2 run dinger by Herrera. Phil's hung on in the 9th to take the wins.

Couple of pics from the game.

When the Phillies hit a home run or win the game, the Electric Liberty Bell swings and bongs. 20190408_213843_1554777688030.jpg

Attachments

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And as nice as Monday nights game was, last night 15-1 beat down by the Nat's was pure pain to watch. Oye, we know pitching is suspect this year, but oh my lanta, we can't do that.

Our starting and relief pitchers really need to step it up. So, we try this again against the Marlins, starting a 3 game series in Sunny Miami tomorrow night.

Hope Arretta can get it going in his second outing and help level out our pitching roller-coaster. :wave3:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Valasquez looked great yesterday, the bat's let him down. He should have gotten that win.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jerry, you and Kathy will be making those soon enough my friend. Hey, just found out you guys have a Hockey team.. I had no idea they existed.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look's like the SF Giants will be playing ball in October, along with the Braves. No joy in Philly this year though as they are playing themselves right out of the wildcard race. Think there will be be a few coaching changes come October. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts