VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the automatic spoiler on my beetle turbo is stuck in the OPEN position and my local VW dealership wants me to pay nearly $1,000 to have it repaired...does anyone know of another route I can take? can it be repaired without going through the dealer?...it seems to be stuck on the right side(that's where the noise is coming from). i've used silicone spray to lubricate but nothing has happened so far. thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Does the Rear Spoiler Motor (V52) operate when you trigger the Rear Spoiler Switch (E127)? The switch is under the dash, left side, above your left shin... assuming you have shins.

Are there any fault codes in the Rear Spoiler Control Module, address 54?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the Rear Spoiler Motor (V52) operate when you trigger the Rear Spoiler Switch (E127)? The switch is under the dash, left side, above your left shin... assuming you have shins.

Are there any fault codes in the Rear Spoiler Control Module, address 54?
not sure about fault codes, but I did find the switch after my spoiler initially got stuck open once and that's when I was able to spray it with lubricate. the following week was when it got stuck open and remained stuck. now if I trigger the switch there's a horrible sound coming from the right side of the spoiler. maybe it could be the gears or something, I don't know. I've looked online for "how-to" videos hoping that someone who has had this problem may have shown how to fix it but have come up empty and that's what brought me to the forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
where is the spoiler control module located at, I have a 2002 turbo beetle and the spoiler light stays on all the time. The spoiler will not rise. Have checked all the fuse and the switch, just need the location of the control module.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear spoiler is stuck in open position

Same thing happened to me.
Here's how i got it to close:
1. I sprayed 'liqued wrench' brand silicone spray on the left and right exposed hinges on the spoiler.

2.turn your key onto the on position. Now under the dash on the driver's side, on the left side of the drivers wheel, you'll find the spoiler switch. Put your hand along the bottom edge of the dash panel near the wheel and you'll feel the spoiler's rocker switch (if you can't find its location, kneel down outside of your car and shine a flashlight up in that vicinity). Push the rocker switch toward your seat until you hear the noise of your spoiler closing.
You can also use white lithium grease to lubricate the spoilers hinges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.