VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to help someone out with what looks like a simple hose replacement issue. Unfortunately, car repair is not my strongest suit, especially when it comes to VWs. I am hoping to get some helping identifying the proper name of the two hoses in question so that I can track down replacements.

The car in question is a 2000 1.8 Turbo Beetle. The hose that is cracked and needs to be replaced is one of two short rubber hoses coming off of a metal "y", which comes up the side of the engine, right across from the air filter.

Here are a couple of pictures. I'm at work, so they are the best I can get at the moment. Hose 1 is what I need to replace, but hose 2 could be replaced as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide with the names of these hoses.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Would you mind removing the engine cover and taking pics again? I am assuming; it is the pcv breather hose, that connects to the valve cover? These fail allot; you might consider a aftermarket silicone version; that won't fail again (eurojet racing and 034 motorsports make those). The other hose, is the one connected to the airbox and the air pump; for the secondary air injection hose?

MK4 GTI/GLI 1.8 PCV Hose Kit | Eurojet Racing

Breather Hose Kit, Early MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T AWV/AWW/AWP, Reinforced Silicone - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

You need to contact 034; if you decide to go wit them, to see which kit, is correct fitment for you car.

If it is the hose for the secondary air injection; call your local vw dealer with your vin # or try www.1stvwparts.com or www.vwparts2go.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I'm actually in need of those two hoses too.. currently have them ghetto rigged with random old hoses my buddy had laying around since they were nearly disintegrated.
Good temporary solution but always best to get the right fitting/quality parts to replace with.

marinepaethor, I assume you're talking about the two hoses that come out of the metal Y shaped tube on that side of the engine? (Green Y in my picture below)

One goes to the Valve Cover and the other goes to the Pressure Regulating Valve.

For the hose that goes to the Pressure Regulating Valve (Pancake looking thing) I believe the part # is 06A103221BR. (Top red line in my picture below)

For the 90 degree curved hose I believe the part # is 06A103493BD. (Lower red line in my picture below)

On the off chance you were referring to the Air Pump Intake Hose as #2 in your original post, then this is what you're looking for: 1C0131126 - Air Pump Intake Hose - ES#297442 (Part # 1C0131126)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts