NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took on a project of 2005 gls turbo beetle for my wife. the car was vandalized and someone got in there and cut bunch of wires and disconnected a bunch of things. i am slowly getting it back togther but stumped. Please help identify this and where the electrical
connections are for this. I cannot find where it hooks up anywhere. I know its for the vacuum system but i am stuck. Also do all beetle in these years have an ir pump, its missing also. thanks

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Please, post more photos of the engine compartment of areas that are undone; routing for hoses, had some variations over the years, also what is your engine code? Maybe, others with the same year/engine; can post some photos and that way, you can compare. When we see, all the disconnected and damage; hopefully, we can help you fix and connect, things correctly. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
This thread, might be helpful and get you an idea, of typical routing and connections on different 1.8T engine code types:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ill get more pictures, they swapped the motor so where do i get the engine code at?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok took some more pics looks like the engine ode is #AWV. i still cannot find the wiring connectors that go to the vacuum reservoir
and the switches. Its a mess , wish i had another one to use it a refernce and could just go back and forth. My all data account doesnt have much on iding what goes where on the connections. The other issue is there is one connector that has a total different plug but is right in the same area

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are some more pics. the hose connector with the elect connection looks like its a match, no idea what it is where it was.
Resized_20200407_124225(1).jpeg
Resized_20200407_124225(1).jpeg Resized_20200407_130111.jpeg
Resized_20200407_124225(1).jpeg Resized_20200407_130111.jpeg

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Did you look at this thread, compare various connections, connected electrical plugs and print out the hose diagrams?

Looking at your battery area; it looks like, your battery tray is missing? A trip to your local pick and pull; might be a great way, to figure things out and find, things that you are missing, at a cheap price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
battery tray in trunk, i looked at vacuum lines but its the elect. connections i need to know where to/from. no beetles at pick n pull, cant seem to find any junked if do they are non turbo

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ok, post pictures with marked up areas; to show us, specifically, which plugs/wires you need to sort and we can try to help. We, can try to work through each; one by one, to hopefully get you fixed up. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i need to know where these connections are . i don't see any wires that go to it. anyone know where/what they come from?
Resized_20200412_190037.jpeg
Resized_20200412_190037.jpeg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found what they are: one is n112 and other is n249, can these be eliminated? i don;t understand why i have no electrical connections for either

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I would get everything hooked up and working correctly; the parts are there for a reason, too many people "delete" things and can cause all kinds of problems. Fix things correctly and resist the urge; to hack or bypass the control systems in the vehicle; it is much easier, to repair a car, when everything is intact and hooked up as they should be.

Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Solenoid Valve N112

Turbocharger Recirculating Valve -N249

These two valves; are connected to a metal bracket, that is bolted on top of the valve cover along with the plastic vacuum tank. It looks like you might be missing some parts; to mount it correctly to the top of the engine/valve cover area. The plugs and wires to the n112/n249: seem to come from behind the engine/firewall area; are there any plugs or harness/wiring loom back there?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
While, maybe not exactly the same as your harness; here is a basic breakdown, the engine wiring harness, that might be helpful to orient yourself to typical plugs and what they connect to:

Once you find plugs and don't know; where they go post up those pics as well and hopefully, each one can find a home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok first let me say thanks. i need to explain that this is the condition i got the car in. The person who had it, it was his wifes. motor went bad. he had it a shop , got another engine put in and half way though the install process someone vandlized it. went in and cut a bunch of wires. the shop started to put it back together again, re-splicing what was cut and the shop closed and no one to work on it. he got tired of it being around and i took on the project. the bracket for the n112/n249 is in the tryunk. i figured that the wires were running back against the filewall near the coils but so far not one connector i can find. the airpump and that elect. connection is missing also. i need get to a junk yard and see how its laid out and get another wiring harness if nessary. seems there are none in these junkyards around here. Also how many years did they make the 1.8 turbo. because there is salcage making on it that say 1800 94. did they make them in 94? i already downloaded and printed off the link on the wiring diagram and most do't match what he has wrote up for on colors. what manual do you recomend? i saw the emanual, it has full service and a workshop manual

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Well, if this thing is a franken beetle, hacked, sliced up wiring scenario and a unknown level of interrupted "repairs", a good used harness or even purchasing a same year "parts car", could really help. Many broken down new beetles with bad timing belts, resulting in bent valves or failed transmissions are out there, as pro repair costs, labor rates, new/rebuilt parts can easily outstrip their value.

These can be diy projects and cost less to repair that way; a parts car with many good parts, could help keep costs down or fi d a good local pick/pull with the same car, parts you need. Most junk yards in my area, have a good amount if new beetle's but it doesn't sound like the case for you?

The parts car idea with a complete unmolested car, can really help getting things back as they should be; it can be tough, when parts are damaged, missing hacked and you don't know how things went together, in the first place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the funny thing is this is the second one i bought. i have another with bad tranny, its a twinkie car except its non-turbo so references are slim. I have been searching in salvage yards and no one has any here. Been looking everyday on craigslist or market place see if i can buy another for parts and so far no go.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts