NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
fans

:popcorn: like I said glad I don't have fan issues yet. Mine also has the 3 wires small fan and 4 wires big fan.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
007 or Pencilneck if you guys stop by again, do either of you know about the 4 pin fan on the 1.8t?
all i know is the turbos use a 4 pin. the extra pin keeps the fans on during the time where you turn your car off till it circulates enough air to cool the engine so the oil doesn't "bake" in the oil filter housing.

hope that helped. suggestion- you get what u pay for. buy it from the stealership if u dont know EXACTLY that the part will swap.

my .02 cents.

-jd

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
007, thanks for chiming in on this.

I am starting to think what ebay and all the parts stores carry are the 3 pin/2 speed fans used on the 2.0l and possibly on some of the 1.8t that may not have AC or automatic??

Like you say, you get what you pay for and getting 2 fans from ebay or Advance/AutoZone for less than the price of just the smaller right side fan is not too realistic.

Just wait until your $90 ebay fans fail and cost you $2-$3k for a head gasket repair job! The original fans are lasting close to 8-10 years so why not go with something a bit closer to original?

Timing belt and engine temp is VERY important on these cars.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,041 Posts
GermanAutoParts, ECSTuning, and PartsGeek all have pretty good prices on OEM and aftermarket fans. I definitely trust the aftermarket brands offered by GAP, and I ordered one myself for my GTI a few months ago. Fit perfectly and works like a charm. Although I really don't understand why the prices are higher for the Beetle than they are for the GTI. I got my fan for around $60 I think from GAP.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
4 wire radiator fan

Just in case y'll were wondering and need the big 4 wire auxiliary fan at a discount price than here it is. THE RIGHT PART NUMBER IS, 1C0959455A. Hansautoparts.com has them for $49 bucks +shipping...............a lot better than paying $345 bucks at the Dealer. I have the same fan in my car, it's a 3 speed and one ground wire, 345mm fan....Happy shopping folks:p

·
5/23/10 <3
11,041 Posts
STAY AWAY from hansautoparts. He's got about a dozen or two sites. They all sell chinese garbage. There is a reason everything on there is so cheap. I'm all for supporting local business (he's in NC) but I can't support his business practices. If you search "prothe" on TDIclub and vortex, etc. you'll find a lot of horror stories about him. How he's still in business I have no idea. Which, by the way, his business is Rothenbacher Engineering. Stay away.

There are plenty of reputable parts suppliers out there that sell things for good prices.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
reputable prices

STAY AWAY from hansautoparts. He's got about a dozen or two sites. They all sell chinese garbage. There is a reason everything on there is so cheap. I'm all for supporting local business (he's in NC) but I can't support his business practices. If you search "prothe" on TDIclub and vortex, etc. you'll find a lot of horror stories about him. How he's still in business I have no idea. Which, by the way, his business is Rothenbacher Engineering. Stay away.

There are plenty of reputable parts suppliers out there that sell things for good prices.
like who? tell me who else sells the 4 wire fan for under 100 bucks and I'm in............I haven't found it yet except this guy. At $45 bucks i'm willing to try and let you'll know how the fan holds up.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
old thread

I know this is an old thread just wanted to make an update correction. You were correct smileybug these hansautoparts folks are selling junk and everybody here should avoid them like the plaque. LOL :p

21 - 29 of 29 Posts