So,I just need a little bit of advice for an issue that is eating at me and i want to go at it the right way. On Thursday my car was making this ticking noise that seemed to come from the engine, i got scared but kinda put it at the back of my mind that i had to get it checked. However, i went online and some folks mentioned that their problems ranged from timing belts to bearings and e.t.c. Anyway on Friday it got worse and i decided to take it to the dealer at this point in time, i was confident that it was the timing belt and i didn't want it cutting in two on the highway or something. So, they take it from me and say they won't get to check it until today(Monday) so i told them it was fine. i'd rather have it in there than take it home. Anyway, they just called me and told me " so, The timing belt cut when we were driving it into the garage, so yeah and we don't know, it's a 50/50 chance that your engine might work." I guess my question is: Should they be liable to fix it? it cost 1,300 by the way. Plus what do i do, i mean what if the motor doesn't work anymore? Winter is coming and it's going to be horrid if i don't have a car. Please what do i do before i pull the rest of my hair out?