VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,I just need a little bit of advice for an issue that is eating at me and i want to go at it the right way. On Thursday my car was making this ticking noise that seemed to come from the engine, i got scared but kinda put it at the back of my mind that i had to get it checked. However, i went online and some folks mentioned that their problems ranged from timing belts to bearings and e.t.c. Anyway on Friday it got worse and i decided to take it to the dealer at this point in time, i was confident that it was the timing belt and i didn't want it cutting in two on the highway or something. So, they take it from me and say they won't get to check it until today(Monday) so i told them it was fine. i'd rather have it in there than take it home. Anyway, they just called me and told me " so, The timing belt cut when we were driving it into the garage, so yeah and we don't know, it's a 50/50 chance that your engine might work." I guess my question is: Should they be liable to fix it? it cost 1,300 by the way. Plus what do i do, i mean what if the motor doesn't work anymore? Winter is coming and it's going to be horrid if i don't have a car. Please what do i do before i pull the rest of my hair out?

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear you are having problems with your Volkswagen. Couple of questions; what year, model, engine and transmission is the car? Is it in or out of warranty; if it is out of warranty, you might want to find a independent vw shop to do the work, as the vw dealership is typically the most expensive place to have your repairs done. Give us a idea; of where you live and members in your area, maybe able to recommend some good indie vw shops to take it to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@billymade, Thanks a ton for taking the time to respond. It's a 2003 Beetle Convertible GLS 2.0l. Lol it is so not under warranty anymore. I truly wish i could get a new car but i can't even afford to sink myself into that kind of hole at this point in time. Anyway, I leave in Laurel, Maryland. Zip code is 20708. I just hope i can drool and cry my eyes out when i go there tomorrow. They might give me a discount on fixing it. The dealer is OURISMAN HONDA AND VOLKSWAGON( in case anyone has any experience with them).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts