NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when the ABS light and the triangle with exclamation Mark inside light is solid and stays on?
Thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What does it mean when the ABS light and the triangle with exclamation Mark inside light is solid and stays on?
Thank you.
Could be a lot of things. You'd need a scan tool to know for sure. When the same thing happened on mine it was only a dodgy wheel sensor which is easy enough to replace.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
abs

I got the same issue right now and not too many folks around here know about the ABS system Or seem to care, we might be SOL dude. LOL :D Something in your abs system has failed and you need a vagcom computer to get that code out. From what I've read online so far it seems the abs electronic control module has failed in my car. Check the two 30 Amp fuses to the far right on top of the battery sometimes they get corroded and loose continuity, hope that fixes your problem. HEY! I just noticed you are from Houston, I can scan it for ya with my VAG-COM this weekend if you like I live in Richmond/Rosenberg Tx which is just south of Houston.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@esse10 surprisingly out of no where, i think it was yesterday i went to my car and it wasn't even there anymore so now im even more confused.it disappeared just like when it surprisingly appeared. idk I'm confused now. lolz

but i do have another issue. When i am still, like at a stoplight or stop sign, even when in park, my car jumps. like a jerking movement. usually when i press down on the gas to speed the car jerks and the check engine light starts to blink and then goes back solid.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
but i do have another issue. When i am still, like at a stoplight or stop sign, even when in park, my car jumps. like a jerking movement. usually when i press down on the gas to speed the car jerks and the check engine light starts to blink and then goes back solid.
This is a misfire, start with spark plugs, but may be coils.

VW actually recalled many of the coils, you may be able to get these replaced for free at the dealer if the car has been recalled.

Contact the dealer with your VIN and ask if there are any open recalls.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
@esse10 surprisingly out of no where, i think it was yesterday i went to my car and it wasn't even there anymore so now im even more confused.it disappeared just like when it surprisingly appeared. idk I'm confused now. lolz
Make sure you did not inadvertently push the ESP button next to the Hazard light switch.

If your car has heated seats, it would be right next to the drivers side heated seat controller.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the same issue right now and not too many folks around here know about the ABS system Or seem to care, we might be SOL dude. LOL :D Something in your abs system has failed and you need a vagcom computer to get that code out. From what I've read online so far it seems the abs electronic control module has failed in my car. Check the two 30 Amp fuses to the far right on top of the battery sometimes they get corroded and loose continuity, hope that fixes your problem. HEY! I just noticed you are from Houston, I can scan it for ya with my VAG-COM this weekend if you like I live in Richmond/Rosenberg Tx which is just south of Houston.
This may or may not help, but worth a shot. The hardest part is probably getting that sucker off the car. It's buried in there on beetles.
http://www.lbak.dk/Audi/Repair_ABS_unit_passat.pdf

·
Registered
34 Posts
My car has the abs/traction control issue as an intermittent problem now... It was always solidly on, then I slid into the back if someone. Its my left rear sensor that needs tending to. I think its just dirty as its happy more times than not now.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Wheel sensors really do not get dirty, cleaning them rarely solves anything.

Usually there is corrosion or water in the connectors, the wiring is damaged or questionable or the sensor just needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
thanks

This may or may not help, but worth a shot. The hardest part is probably getting that sucker off the car. It's buried in there on beetles.
http://www.lbak.dk/Audi/Repair_ABS_unit_passat.pdf
Hey thanks I'll look into that and see what I can figure out....

@ty1592 x2 on the misfire and also I read in another post that some abs modules have loose solder connections on the PC board or it could be corrosion on the fuses that's why you keep having intermittend issues. good luck to ya.

·
Registered
762 Posts
So um... ever scan the car to see what the actual DTCs are? A warning light on the dash means "HEY! You need to check this out."

Having a complete system scan of the car can go a long way so everyone can have a better idea of what the problem is. Otherwise, it is a wild @$$ guessing game. :p

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
scan

So um... ever scan the car to see what the actual DTCs are? A warning light on the dash means "HEY! You need to check this out."

Having a complete system scan of the car can go a long way so everyone can have a better idea of what the problem is. Otherwise, it is a wild @$$ guessing game. :p
when I scanned mine a few days ago it came up with this code ; 01276 Hydraulic pump(64), 012 electrical fault in circuit.

I got this right after I lost power to the ABS system and now the hydraulic pump runs all the time when I put power back to the ABS System. Got any Ideas what could be causing the pump to run all the time Pencilneck???

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Darn

DARN AND DOUBLE DARN!! I was afraid of that. Now I'm gonna have to look for a salvage yard replacement, then figure out how to reprogram that new unit if I ever want to sell the car.
oh well life's a B&^&*& and then..........:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts