VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought 03 beetle that had been in accident. body work done,am now ready to paint parts, but info is needed. what supplies do i need. was told urethane paint, do i need plastic adhesive stuff. have never painted car before and could REALLY use some advice about kind of paint,amount of paint and such. thanks in advance.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,415 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we are painting the bumper cover,1 fender and the hood. the bumper cover and fender are raw plastic and the hood is already primered, at least i think it is, its black anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alright urethane is the best choice now for quantity it will vary depending on color, brand, mixing ratio and how you spray it so that said you want about 2 Qts of spray able material, I would suggest you take the car or a sample of color to the paint shop so that they could match the color better there are a lot of variables in color, hope this helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
And other materials include sand paper tack rags laquer thinner for cleaning your gun, mixing cups etc and of course your reducers, activator or whatever you chosen paint and clear need but the paint store will tell you that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts