NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
NewBeetle.org Members:

Please help me welcome four new moderators to NewBeetle.org. These four were nominated by our existing moderators and should be great additions to our staff. We're excited by the constant growth of NewBeetle.org, and it forces us to add staff to keep up. Welcome, guys!

The Cheat (formerly TDI Rookie)
TDI Forum
Although he's only been a member and a Beetle owner for about six months, this furry yellow guy has proven that he's no longer a TDI Rookie at all. In fact, he's learned all about the TDI and has been very willing to share his diesel knowledge with other members. A bit of youthful energy can't hurt, either, as some of us are getting old (ack, I'm nearly 30!).

jackfrost
Hoo-Ha, 1.8T and Aircooled Forums
A member for nearly as long as this site has existed, Jack has learned many lessons from wrenching on his own 1.8T Bug. Active in the technical forums and also in the chat room, he also helped found the Great Lakes New Beetle Junkies club.

jdesigns
Hoo-Ha and Photography Forums
Photography seems to be very popular with our members, and when we decided to add a photography forum, we knew we needed jdesigns to moderate it. A great photographer in his own right, Justin is also one of the friendliest people on the forums and has been a very active NewBeetle.org member for several years.

Steinola
Car Audio, Concerns and Problems, and New Beetle Convertible Forums
An active member on all aspects of the org, Steinola doesn't limit himself to any particular engine forum, or even to the technical stuff. He's also active in our Hot Topics area -- he's no stranger to debate.

Please help me welcome these guys and thank them for their help!

Also, CrazyJames, longtime moderator, PHP nerd, and all-around good guy, has been "promoted" to an Administrator. I nearly forgot to mention this, mostly because I've thought of James as an administrator for some time now. He's already does so much for the forums and the chat room, but he now has full reins to do basically anything on the site. This should make everyone's lives a bit easier, as there are now three admins that can take care of problems that moderators are unable to deal with (the other two, for reference, are myself and noR). Welcome, James. Thanks for all you do!

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Herbie3Rivers said:
Jeff, how do we go about becoming a moderator?. With the new format I'd be interested in being a mod.
Moderators are chosen by the NewBeetle.org staff when we need new ones. We select them based on their expertise, their attitude, and their activity on the site. Your interest is noted and we'll be sure to consider you if/when we need more moderators. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome New Moderators! :balloons:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
No. We're honored to have you!:toast:

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Thanks

:bigthumb: Welcome-our moderators do a wonderful,sometime thankless, work. We do appreciate your knowledge and work. We do thank you.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Welcome new and old moderators.:bigthumb:

How about the two Justin's steppin-up to the plate; one from each side of the US of A.

Very cool.:guitar:

Congrats to noR and James, you two guys are truly conerstone Org members and help make this the great place that it is..

Peace......TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
TechnoTrix'd said:
Welcome new and old moderators.:bigthumb:

How about the two Justin's steppin-up to the plate; one from each side of the US of A.

Very cool.:guitar:

Congrats to noR and James, you two guys are truly conerstone Org members and help make this the great place that it is..

Peace......TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:
Hey!! Who you calling old??? I love :heart: this place--even thought you just called me old!!:jester:

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
New Moderators and Administrator

As a member of many forums, I get to see the good and the bad when it comes to forum oversight. This group is lucky to have one of the best groups of moderators I've ever seen. Congrats to all the mods, new and old, and admins, esp. Jeff - this Board has alays been an excellent one and the new look just makes it that much better.

Mark and Oso

No signature

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Welcome to all the new moderators!

We're going to have a lot of new energy, with new mods, new forums, and a whole new site. I know I'll be spending time in the new photography forum ;)

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
ASurroca said:
Welcome to all the new moderators!

We're going to have a lot of new energy, with new mods, new forums, and a whole new site. I know I'll be spending time in the new photography forum ;)

I look forward to seeing you in there too!

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
jcroft said:
...Also, CrazyJames, longtime moderator, PHP nerd, and all-around good guy, has been "promoted" to an Administrator...
Good Lord...we're in trouble now.:kult:

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.:D

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Congrats to our new staff and to James.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts