NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Awesome
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know I have asked this question before, but where can I get the porsche style rims. I want the turbo twist look, but I have tried eBay and tirerack, and they were both wayyyyy too expensive. DOes anyone here on the org have any for sell? My price range is 1000 shipped, thanks.

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
IIRC, if you're looking for the real-deal, you're always going to have to expect to shell out some $$$ for them. Your best bet is probably going for replicas. Actually, make that used replica wheels, if your range is under $1000.

Since the new forums just went live, it will take a while for them to be populated. For the moment, VWVortex has a Wheel Classifieds forum you could peruse.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the oem porsche rims are better quality, lighter, and won't bend as easily as the replica's..

For example, the Millie miglia replica is 32 pounds in 18x8 yet the same OEM porsche one is only 23 pounds (or maybe less, I don't remember for sure)...

I have a set of OEM porsche 18" staggered rims for sale..

they have tires on them but I'd sell for $1000 + shipping without the tires if that holds any interest for you..

I have an ad on the old new beetle forums with plenty of photos and all the specs as an FYI

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Hey Ibid, the thread you were talking about is right here. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts