NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have installed a body kit(partial or complete)post it here and let others know a little about it. This front end is a Caractere front nose piece. It is made of high impact plastic and can take a beating(I know mine has). To get the really clean look of this install make sure you seam seal the kit piece(requires repainting surrounding areas). The rest of the kit includes side pods for rear of rocker panel, rear bumper piece(with center exhaust), rear wing, and upper spoiler, and can be found on Landspeeds site.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Found this thread on the right day, I just put my ATS spoiler on!
I'm probably going to put the rest of the kit on after Christmas,
my money's going to a computer upgrade right now.
Pics coming tomorrow.

·
Got Power?
19 Posts
Here is my kit, ABD Cup bumper, ATS aide skirts and rear valance, Kerscher wing, Anwalt custom dual exhaust, and not installed a roof difuser, and carbon hood.

An a shot of my brother's (vw2nv) vert, he also has an ABD Cup bumper and ATS side skirts.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
4NToy said:
Here is my kit, ABD Cup bumper, ATS aide skirts and rear valance, Kerscher wing, Anwalt custom dual exhaust, and not installed a roof difuser, and carbon hood.

An a shot of my brother's (vw2nv) vert, he also has an ABD Cup bumper and ATS side skirts.
Do those ATS side skirts and bumper attach with anything other than tape? I'm a bit worried they'll fall off when I get them, but the spoiler has the bolts on it, so I know it's not going anywhere.

Also, how much lower is the car with the ATS parts?

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
my new beetle in vegas (in front of the tat shop i got my tattoo!!!) after a four hour vw cruise to nevada.

all round caractere body kit with remus exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
vw2nv said:
The skirts use 3M tape a series of screws into each fender, however we used an urethane adhesive to mount them, since tape can be problematic. If when you speak of the bumper you are refering to the rear valance, then it uses 3M tape and brackets to support it. However if you mean the front bumpers, they are replacement parts that required many hours on 4NToy's and my behalf to get the fitment to factory quality.

As for the side skirts being lower , they are a bit lower than the factory rockers, however I am not sure how much, but I can tell niether of our cars have clearance issues around here, and we both have significant suspension modifications. The rear valance is quite low and can pose a problem if you are not careful, however I will say it again our suspensions are modified and the cars a quite low to begin with, so take it for what it is worth. If you want actual measurements, as to how far below the factory parts the ATS parts sit I can get them for you.

As for the backup lights we deleted them.

Thanks alot about the ATS part, that really helps. I don't plan on doing any suspension mods, so I should be okay. I wonder if you could combine the ATS front lip with another front bumper....

·
Car has another home
111 Posts
Marvin is correct...Wings West, the fit is pretty good.

The colored inserts I make (they fit 2001 and back), I own a small graphics company and I designed and installed the flames myself, I just got tired of them. I have another design in mind but I need to repaint the front of my car due to rock chips before I start another design.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Thanks for confirming the bodykit, and I know what you mean about rock chips. I think I'm going to get my front end done when I get a body kit. Good luck with the new scheme!

·
456 Posts
Projektzwo Wide Body. High impact plastic front and rear. This kit looks great installed, but the wide body flares do require cutting one inch off the factory bodywork. The kit is very high quality and required no modifications for a great fit. 25mm FK spacers were used to push out the wheels to the new fender lips. To give you and idea how nice this kit is, there is a rear tie down relocator that bolts to the existing unit. The spoiler is a Wings West One Piece that requires drilling and bolting on.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kerscher wing

Where did you get that Kerscher Wing. I have only seen it for sale one time and the price about $800! It looks great!:D

·
Got Power?
19 Posts
beetlejay said:
Where did you get that Kerscher Wing. I have only seen it for sale one time and the price about $800! It looks great!:D
My brother installed it in November of 2001, before he gave the car to me, so it has been on the car a long time, he paid over $500 then, so $800 seem about right.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts