NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the "Post your..." threads latley, I thought I'd do one about interiors. I've got a couple things I'm considering for mine, and I'd like to see everyone else's.

I'm planning:

-Paint center console green
-Paint around gauges, and grab bar on passenger side green
-Dye center of seats green

What does everyone else have?

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I've been working on this lately as my photo thread will tell. I don't yet have pictures to show, but should soon. I've done the bud vase holder and it's left hand counterpart, the caps on the ends of the grab bar, a bud vase phone mount, the plate surrounding the moonroof dial, and the cap on the right side of the automatic shifter all in platinum gray. I plan on doing the passenger side oh-poo handle, speedo surround, front center panel, drivers side sunglass holder, clock, rearview mirror, and hopefully (if i can get it off) the buttons on the E-brake and shifter the same way. Basically, if i can remove it and it's gray, it's going to be platinum.

With the condition my poor seats are in i want to just flat out replace them with leather or pleather if possible. Just not sure with the airbags and all. Might just get good seat covers.

I'd love to hear some truly creative interior mods since that's the part of the car i see the most of. Keep some ideas coming.:)

John

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Hey Mr. pdoel...i like what you've done man with the exception of one thing. the satellite receiver position has got to stink, doesn't it? For about $20-30 you can get one that mounts off the grab bar. I have one and it's perfect.

I have to ask...where's you get all the trim pieces and about how much do they run?

John

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Actually, I like where the satellite radio is. The grab bar would be too far away. Right now, it's right in site, and I can easily reach it. Plus, it's out of the way, and doesn't force me to have wires hanging all over the place.

I got the dash kit from www.bugcessories.com. I can't remember how much it cost. Maybe $200.00 tops???

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
pdoel said:
Actually, I like where the satellite radio is. The grab bar would be too far away. Right now, it's right in site, and I can easily reach it. Plus, it's out of the way, and doesn't force me to have wires hanging all over the place.

I got the dash kit from www.bugcessories.com. I can't remember how much it cost. Maybe $200.00 tops???
Awesome about the kit. I'm checking it out later. Cool if you like where the sat. is. I know that if i had mine there my knees would be knocking it around so i mean no offense.:) I wish other people would find this thread.

John

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
You asked for it! :D

Billet Turbo S budvase
Billet Turbo S shifter
Billet Turbo S pedals and dead pedal
Billet shifter boot surround
Billet a/c, defroster, heater switches and headlight switch surrounds
Billet door lock surrounds
Billet side mirrors controller cover
Billet steering wheel spokes
Billet steering wheel logo
3 gauge pod with billet ring surrounds and white/red/white backlighting
Turbo S radio with white backlighting
Turbo S gauge cluster with white backlighting
"Beetle" scripts
Cloisonne Karmann badge
Cloisonne VW Racing Germany badge
Fresh picked red hibiscus flower ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Custom Gauge Face - Marvin's Eyes
Custom Gauge surround to look like his helmet
Lighted bud vase w/ TurboS budvase
TT-Vents W/ Center fully functioning
Colormatched Center console
Custom painted shift gate to match exterior paint
Colormatched TT pedals
Lloyd Mats - with colormatched trim
Custom cut dash mat to allow for monsoon dash speakers
MP3-player hookup to stock radio

And last but not least - thanks to Pete Doel and others that gave me the guidence...Colormatched seats, armrest and door inserts!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow!
I love it!
Did you do the center console, gauge surround, seats and door inserts yourself? That's along the lines of what I'm considering. Also, does the green center console refelct alot of light into your eyes?

·
NKAWTG-N
62 Posts
Bill, i noticed the chrome ring that outlines the shift boot. Where can i get one.

I currently have the illuminated gear shift knob and a two tonw boot but do like the chrome around it.

stinkbug

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
heyou said:
Wow!
I love it!
Did you do the center console, gauge surround, seats and door inserts yourself? That's along the lines of what I'm considering. Also, does the green center console refelct alot of light into your eyes?
Don't notice it at all (glare off the center console).

I did the seats and door insert - you can click on Marvin's Website and then Mods to see the process as well as the links to the threads where Pete coached me through the process.

The Gauge Surround I did myself, I had a friend do the center console because I was busy with other mods prior to a show and figured it would be cheaper/quicker if I just had him do it for me. I did take all the parts off and deliver it to him as well as all the sanding/prep work.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
pdoel said:
Antoine's interior is by far, my favorite!

:goodjob:
I owe you and Hopper so much for blazing the trail and showing me that it could be done. As soon as I saw it I was like...I gotta do it! You can go back to your original thread where you posted the results and see that! :bigthumb:

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Antoine....oh my god man...WOW! I am speechless! I too have been doing my work by myself and it's so satisfying. Months ago i had visited Marvin's site and saw some of the process, but i don't think you had finished because those are different pictures than i remember. Bravo man, bravo!

john

·
Registered
31 Posts
I painted mot of my dash pieces. The yellow is the same as the body color and the gray is the platinum gray metallic. I cleared coated all the pieces which looks really cool...But if you use your car for a daily driver (I don't) and you were thinking of painting all these pieces in a glossy clear coated finishe i would not recomend it. My whole dash reflects in the windshield when the sun hits it just right. I don't mind it because i only drive my car during the summer months and probably only put about 2000 miles a year on it. If you do paint all of them think about a flat finish instead of the glossy.:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 103 Posts