NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so suddenly none of my power outlets/lighters work... I'd really like to have my iPhone car charger back.. :) Does anyone have a diagram/picture of where the heck this fuse is located? I've never replaced one before in any car so I'm a total newb. Also, if I go to some place like autozone to get it, will they be able to know which one I need?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Okay, so suddenly none of my power outlets/lighters work... I'd really like to have my iPhone car charger back.. :) Does anyone have a diagram/picture of where the heck this fuse is located? I've never replaced one before in any car so I'm a total newb. Also, if I go to some place like autozone to get it, will they be able to know which one I need?
Open the drivers side door. Look towards to front. There is a plastic panel that you can open and remove. This is the cover for the fuse panel. Once you have that off you should see a bunch of fuses and on the plastic panel that you took off should be a diagram of the location of each fuse. According to my diagram it should be Fuse location #41 which has a 15amp fuse. It is located in the larger fuses 4th row down or up since that row is the center row right in the middle of the larger fuses. It is the 3rd fuse/last fuse on the right. Look at your diagram and you will see what I mean.
Just pull that fuse out and replace it with another 15amp fuse.
Here is a link to a fuse diagram:
http://newbeetle.org/forums/car-audio/34904-fuse-chart-2003-beetle.html

It is from a 2003 Beetle but I don't think they changed over the years until 2012. Pretty easy fix. If you go to Autozone I am sure one of the helpful employees there would swap that fuse out for you. Should only take about 15 seconds.

Have a great day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts