NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 bug. My power steering will go off, and then I can use the brakes once before the power brakes go. After that, the whole car shuts off. I took it to my mechanic, and he diagnosed it as the alternator was going. He said it wasn't charging properly. He tightened a few things and it was better for about two weeks. My check engine light went on at that time and I called him to make an appointment to read codes and replace the alternator, but his code reader was broken and he asked me to call back in a week. I did, and made an appointment and after I hung up the phone his garage burnt to the ground. So my alternator went, and I replaced it. But I was driving Annabeth home, and the whole thing happened again. So I went back, and the alternator had taken out the fusebox by melting it. So I replaced that. And driving her home from that, it went out again. My battery is fine. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with my car and how to fix it? This all started after the ignition switch was replaced last semester.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts