VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2004 2.0l manual BEV bugcar I found the Power Stop brake kit for the front and rear brakes.
The kits come with a set of drilled/slotted rotors and matching brake pads.
For the bugcars, you do get the front brake pad that has the sensor on it and it fits the stock connector perfectly.
Kits come with all new rubber and plastic parts on the brake caliper as well as the metal bushings that the pads ride on.

These kits were a perfect fit for my bugcar in every respect.

After swapping out the brakes and rotors and replacing the brake fluid the brakes are better than stock.
When you hit them below 50 mph, they seem a little more firm and stop well. When you hit them above 50mph you really feel the difference over the stock brakes.
They also seem a lot better when wet, but that is subjective.

As someone that usually sticks with VW parts, this is one aftermarket part I can highly recommend.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
How about some pictures, part number, piston amount, brake size and what was the price? It seems allot of people; opt for R32 brake conversions, as they are cost effective. Did you feel the need for a brake upgrade with a 2.0L; have you modified your car, thus requiring better stopping power? Give us more info and the background of your decision to upgrade! Inquiring mindss; want to know! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
IMHO PowerStop brakes are highly under rated and below the radar.

I am personally on my 5th system that I have installed.

First set was on my 2003 1.8t GLX convertible, then on my wife's BMW 330 convertible, then my GMC Yukon Denali, then my BMW X5 and on my son's 1996 Impala SS.

These systems are very cost effective, they are not BBK type systems, they are DIRECT replacement for stock brakes, but they have ceramic pads, run cooler, lower in dust, a stop quickly as well as work better when wet due to the slots and holes in the rotors.

I find that Amazon often has the best pricing and on a few sets there was a $50 rebate for the 1 click kits, so I saved another $100 during the rebate window.

I am sure there are other options available, but for daily drivers or occasionally spirited driven cars, you cannot beat the PowerStop systems as far as I am concerned.

Picture attached of PowerStop system on my NBC along with the Blauparts struts. Note I did not have the anti rattle metal part installed when I took the picture below, I installed it after the picture was taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
brakes

I have the same rotors in my car but just regular brakes from the local parts store. I'm not too much into braking fast and quick since I don't drive that fast anyhow. LOL :D if my brakes stop or keep me from hitting someone or something I'm good with that..LOL :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts