NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 GLS. It has the monsoon tapedeck. There is no bass. Used a volt meter to test and there is power going to the woofers in the doors. Sooo I guess I need new woofers. . . where can I purchase monsoon woofers or what would someone suggest for the doors? Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
They just quit? Sounds..heh heh...fishy. I don't think I have ever had any just quit before. If you are going to replace them, upgrade them. Don't go stock, you will be much happier. Check out crutchfield as they send the wire adapters as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought the car. The previous owner just assumed that beetles didn't have bass. (Not very car knowledgeable) Thanks I will check Crutchfield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed!

So I pulled out the woofers in the door and connected another set of speakers. Lo and behold they worked!! Went to my local store and bought 6 1/2" speakers and wired them up. Put them in with self tapping screws. (Well I didn't. My super talented wifey did that!) They work great! The only problem I have now is the plastic door handle rattles a little bit on the bigger bass songs. ;)

Attachments

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
My passenger side woofer quit who knows how long ago and the drivers side was going so I went all out and went with an entire 6 point Rockford Fosgate system and I couldn't be happier. They sound so crystal clear and for only $60 bucks a set it was hard to beat. I also run an aftermarket deck, so I did an entire monsoon delete and put in my own amp and man, I would never EVER go back to the stock set up. So much more clean power. I also run two 12" kicker CVRs on a 2,000 watt amp and they pound with the best of them. Best part about all of this is since I used amazon on everything i'm only in like $700 for the entire system. I would definitely recommend doing the rest of your system. You wont regret it.

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
They're just more commonly available. And plus, Rockford didn't make 8" rounds when I was buying, and I don't think they do now. I'm not sure though. I'm kinda out of the audio scene now that I have my system the way I like it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
My passenger side woofer quit who knows how long ago and the drivers side was going so I went all out and went with an entire 6 point Rockford Fosgate system and I couldn't be happier. They sound so crystal clear and for only $60 bucks a set it was hard to beat. I also run an aftermarket deck, so I did an entire monsoon delete and put in my own amp and man, I would never EVER go back to the stock set up. So much more clean power. I also run two 12" kicker CVRs on a 2,000 watt amp and they pound with the best of them. Best part about all of this is since I used amazon on everything i'm only in like $700 for the entire system. I would definitely recommend doing the rest of your system. You wont regret it.

Seeing as this is the audio section - I'd take you up on a few of your items. 2000 watt system? I assume youre running 2 large alternators and 00 gauge power wire to that? Needless to say, your cars electrical system would be nowhere capable of producing that, and I'm sure the amp you bought also could not produce anywhere near that power. Also... doesn't help your case that the CVR series kicker's produce in the somewhat 300w rms power range. Not to say that your sound system isn't a large improvement over stock, but I think some people need to understand what they're saying before passing along knowledge to other members

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Seeing as this is the audio section - I'd take you up on a few of your items. 2000 watt system? I assume youre running 2 large alternators and 00 gauge power wire to that? Needless to say, your cars electrical system would be nowhere capable of producing that, and I'm sure the amp you bought also could not produce anywhere near that power. Also... doesn't help your case that the CVR series kicker's produce in the somewhat 300w rms power range. Not to say that your sound system isn't a large improvement over stock, but I think some people need to understand what they're saying before passing along knowledge to other members
Actually I'm not. The stock alternator handles it perfectly. And the amp is rated to do that as a max. I know the actual power figures are nowhere near that. They push 350w rms to each sub at 4 ohms. And each sub is rated to 400 watts rms. don't think I don't know this stuff simply because I quoted the power figure in the name of my amp. Under the right conditions I bet it would put out almost that much, but it would probably blow it, and i have no need for that much power anyways. Yes, I probably should have mentioned this in the above post, but still. I know what I'm doing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not looking to get into an internet argument. You made your choice on gear, I would have went a different route - but that's why there are options available for everyone to make their own choice. I guess I shouldn't have piped up, but I think there's alot of myths on what people post when they talking about their sound equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts