NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the driver side power window stopped going up, about at the middle point. I tried many many times and then went to an auto repair near my home. He charged me $100, including $40 for labor. Do you guys think it is over charged?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
All depends on what had to be done.
Did they give you an itemized statement of the parts and labor?

If the problem was, say, a connector that came loose... then, yeah, that sounds like a little much. But if they had to replace the regulators and whathaveyou... then no... it sounds perfectly reasonable. Heck... $140 to get them to do anything the least bit complex sounds like a bargain.

One word of caution, though... if they had to replace parts, you'll want to make sure that they used OEM. Especially in the windows.

How old is your NB?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steinola said:
All depends on what had to be done.
Did they give you an itemized statement of the parts and labor?

If the problem was, say, a connector that came loose... then, yeah, that sounds like a little much. But if they had to replace the regulators and whathaveyou... then no... it sounds perfectly reasonable. Heck... $140 to get them to do anything the least bit complex sounds like a bargain.

One word of caution, though... if they had to replace parts, you'll want to make sure that they used OEM. Especially in the windows.

How old is your NB?
Mine is 98, they did not told me what exactly has been changed, only told me there is $40 labor included. I went to this guy just because it's near and I need to use my car right away and they promised they can do it in an hour or two. And the window was not working good last month, moving up very slowly, now, after their work, it works much better. Anyway, I've paid and it works fine now. Thanks, Steinola.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I believe the recall was a different issue. And really as long as you're happy that it's working and don't feel too jaded over the $140 then it's all well & good.

Something probably got loose and was causing some resistance towards its movement. $40 labor is like half an hour, so... I guess they put a $100 part in there or something. Who knows what(some random non-dealership had parts sitting around?). But it's fixed now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts