NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! hope this is not a stupid question :) I just want to know if using redish/brown primer instead of white or gray affect the color of the paint? Cause I am using the brownish/red color primer and wanted to make sure if this is the right color of the primer to be used..cheers!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I guess that would depend on what color you are actually going to paint your car. If it is a light color like white or yellow or baby blue then stay away from dark primers. If you are going to paint it a dark color like black or red etc. Then the dark primer will be fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi

hi ddnt paint my car but only the handle bar on the door panel..I am on my 2nd coat of red..tomorow would be my third if needed then on the next day , ill start the clear coating :)

Here's the pic of my work in progress :)

Attachments

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Looking good :D

I'd put an extra coat of clear on.
As these will be used a lot. e.g. hands
all over them all the time.

Post a finished in the Bug photo :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi

Ths s the finsh product after 5 coatings of clear coat :) I don't know if its enough. I will keep it in storage for a week just to be safe before wet sanding and polishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hi

as of the moment, I did not push thru with the wet sanding and polish but just did the rubbing compound. I just want to be safe first cause I am not sure if my painting and clear coating is thick enuf to be wet sanded :) next project is the gear panel :)after taken this picture, I add one more coating of clear coat coz i just realiz that after using rubbing compound..it decreases the shine..but maybe if I apply wax after a month it will be shiny as hell :)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

Hi Guys, Just updated my modification, took me awhile to do this from removing and installation..next project would be center console paint in red :) hope you like it guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi Guys

just done with the center console :) check it out :) I also place chrome accessories from the door :) and waiting for my chrome gear plate to arrive :)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts