VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy All,

I'm new here. I've owned a slew of VW vehicles including an Indigo Blue 01 NB GLS 1.8T MT and I still own a Black 91 GTI 8v. Tomorrow I'm purchasing a Galactic Blue 05 NB GTS 1.8T MT with about 91k miles.

I've already had it officially inspected at a dealership so I know what I'm getting into. And I know the cruise control doesn't work. Anything I should look out for? Any opening ideas on the cruise control?

I have tons of experience working on many parts of my GTI but none on a NB. What special tools should I purchase? I already have a decent OBD II meter on order from ECS. I also have access to a military auto hobby shop that is not too far from where I live so I will be taking full advantage of that.

Cheers!

previous
1990 jetta gl we 8v mt (gray)
2000 jetta gls 2.0l mt (green)
1987 jetta gli 8v mt (silver)
2001 beetle gls 1.8t mt (indigo)
current
1991 gti 8v mt (black)
2005 beetle gls 1.8t mt (blue)

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
I am on Number 6, five New Beetles, and now a 2013 Beetle TDI.

I know how you feel........I just cannot stay away! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
The cruise could possibly be the clutch switch. I don't believe that throws a code when it goes bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you called it!

The cruise could possibly be the clutch switch. I don't believe that throws a code when it goes bad.
yup, the clutch switch fixed three problems- the cruise not working, high revs while shifting, and sputtering acceleration. thanks so much! :beer: what, no beer icon on here? :thdown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts