VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Do It Yourself-er
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRNDS are all highlighted. Does anyone know why this happens? The dealer replaced the neutral safety switch about 5k ago and this problem came back. I'd like to know what to challenge the dealer with as the beetle is still under warranty.

2007 New Beetle; 57k

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You really think you need to challenge him! It's warranty, just have him fix it!

·
Where is home ....
11,016 Posts
DANG! You get great gas mileage! ;) Just kidding!

Take it to the dealer and demand that they fix whatever the issue is. I don't know what the issue is but, I hope the dealer can pin point it - without giving you a hard time about it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine did the same thing a while back. It's something to do with low voltage at times and the throttle body and trans needs to be "reset". According to the Bentley manuel, you:
1: turn on the key but don't start the car.
2: push the accelerator pedal all the way down and hold it in that position for 10 seconds. (MAKE SURE THE CAR IS NOT STARTED FIRST!!! LOL)
3: Release the pedal and turn the key off.
4: Start your car. Everything should be reset and your indicator should be normal again.

Hope this helps

·
Do It Yourself-er
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow-up

The dealer replaced the "Magnetic Strip" connected to the gear selector inside. Problem resolved. Thanks for the good feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts