NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 903 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally my NB has a name and he's got his own picture thread too. I haven't done much yet, but I'll post more pics when I get his new wheels, stereo, etc. :D He's coming along quite nicely!!

Me and Probie the very night I got him!! :)

Love this shot! Probie in front of my mom's house! (Kinda looks like a "more bars" commercial? :p )

This is Probie the day after I got him. Sooo innocent!

This is Probie's blah interior! Tape deck ICK! That will all be changed soon :)

Probie had to brush off some snow we had last year!! Crazy!

Probie's first set of taillights which I later replaced due to fitting issues on the passenger side! You can kinda see the gap it created! Very irritating!

Probie's taillights now! LOVE THEM, Thank you '01vwbeetle and Sasha for donating your "organs" to Probie. He needed it! Sasha will be missed though :(

And just for fun...this was the predecessor to Probie! Poor Bonneville! $500 well spent at least! How did I manage in that thing??? Sigh Probie is a much better fit for me!!!

So far that's all...will add more pictures when more mods are done. So be looking next week :)

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Great Job! I love your house too btw!!

When you change out the tape deck, are you going to buy an 06+ OEM headunit with the CD player?

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Job! I love your house too btw!!

When you change out the tape deck, are you going to buy an 06+ OEM headunit with the CD player?
No my bf bought me an Alpine CD player for Christmas. There will be a regular iPod adapter routed in the glovebox and it will be prewired for an amp...whenever I get one! lol :) I can't wait! It glows blue and red just like everything else!

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keep your eyes peeled everyone. I will be picking up my wheels tomorrow and getting them put on. I'll wash Probie up all nice and pretty and then it's photo time!!! :)

·
TOD Maiden Voyager
1,582 Posts
keep your eyes peeled everyone. I will be picking up my wheels tomorrow and getting them put on. I'll wash Probie up all nice and pretty and then it's photo time!!! :)
Nice pictures. Now that we've seen the "before", can't wait to see the "after".

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Probie has his new wheels! :) Has yet to have a bath due to not so great weather lately. I took pics last night and I'll post them when I get home tonight. Hopefully he'll be getting his CD player this weekend *keeping my fingers crossed* Since Matt works at Best Buy and he's paying for it, Probie is considered an "employee car" so we're last on the list...only if they have time to fit us in :( Oh well, soon! Check back tonight and I'll have pics posted. And George I I took pics of his taillights as well! LED and I Love them!

After long ado...here are the pics:

Here are the wheels! Ain't they pretty?

I love this view

Better view of the taillights

After getting the wheels I headed up to Best Buy to see if they would install my CD player. Even though they didn't, look what fun thing i got to encounter:

I was so geeked!!!

Well, the wheels are on and all is well....not really. Probie blew his driver side headlight out that weekend. Which shouldn't seem like much but that headlight is already messed up, so it's a few hundred dollar repair. :( Then I'm due for an oil change, I really should get a tranny flush, my contacts crapped out on me and my prescription is expired so i need the exam, then my dog got injured and had to take him to the vet. FUN FUN! NOT! But I still love the wheels!!!! Thank you Buglover! They are awesome!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Looks great! Don't be too quick to remove the tape deck - it's great for connecting an iPod or mp3 player. ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great! Don't be too quick to remove the tape deck - it's great for connecting an iPod or mp3 player. ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Ah don't worry, the CD player has a headphone jack. I have a mini to mini so i can plug in my iPod Shuffle. That was a requirement! lol It will have a more clear sound than my tape adapter. Plus, it'll have a wire that goes into the glovebox to plug to a regular iPod while being conceiled. And it will be prewired for an amp so whenever I make that next big jump in modifications.

Wouldn't believe that Probie is approaching 99,000 miles within then next few hundred miles. Many happy drives! :)

·
Diesel Freak
596 Posts
Hey Michelle, I don't remember if I ever read it or not, but with me being a TDI guy, and you mentioning 99K miles... makes me have to ask.

Was the Timing Belt done on Probie? Its due if it hasnt. I seem to remember you inquiring about it on TDIclub, but maybe I dreamed that.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Michelle, did I post a link for a bmw/shark fin spoiler in here for you? I don't recall if I did or not... Any who this is it.

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Michelle, I don't remember if I ever read it or not, but with me being a TDI guy, and you mentioning 99K miles... makes me have to ask.

Was the Timing Belt done on Probie? Its due if it hasnt. I seem to remember you inquiring about it on TDIclub, but maybe I dreamed that.
Yes, I did inquire about it a few times. It was done around 88,000 miles I believe. I would have to double check but i think it now has a 100,000 mile timing belt. Best $700+ dollars spent! The mechanics did a great job! I feel better knowing it's done for sure!

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Probie got a bath, got his CD player, and just in the mail today....His Euro lightswitch. Goodbye DRLs! Headlight has been fixed, all is well with Probie at the moment. Loving driving him, love showing him off and now...I love blasting the radio!!! :D:cool:

What's greatest about the CD player, is it's not only Alpine, but it matches perfectly! Same color, and fits the design well too!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 903 Posts