NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was dropping off some mail and when Bailee and I got back I turned the car off and noticed some weird numbers/symbols in her dash where her miles should have been i have a picture...can anyone tell me what that is and whether or not it's normal? if you can it would be veryyy appreciated :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I think that is the new way of calculating distance for 2012.
Instead of miles your readout now shows "Lightyears" :D
So in other words your beetle so far traveled 2,13344 light years since its conception. ;)

Of course it could also be that your instrument cluster is on it's way out. :( Is the speedometer and other gauges still working?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd rather my car secretly be a spaceship than the instrument cluster go out lol :cool: yes everything works great it's only made the weird symbol thingy two times and both times the caar was off.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
i'd rather my car secretly be a spaceship than the instrument cluster go out lol :cool: yes everything works great it's only made the weird symbol thingy two times and both times the caar was off.
YIKES, Gremlins!! :eek:

Perhaps it is just a way of Bailee trying to comunicate with you and wish you a very Happy New Year! :party:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol Well i certainly hope nothings wrong just yet... i want her to wait till i get a job to start acting up...SN: what's the difference between harvest moon beige and mellow yellow ive been looking and they look kinda the same on pictures so now im not sure which on Bailee is....:confused:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
lol Well i certainly hope nothings wrong just yet... i want her to wait till i get a job to start acting up...SN: what's the difference between harvest moon beige and mellow yellow ive been looking and they look kinda the same on pictures so now im not sure which on Bailee is....:confused:
What's the paint code inside your door shim say?
Actually, the option codes might be in the trunk under the carpet just above the spare tire.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry to say that the dash cluster is on it's way out. Not really a problem as long as all the other things work (Check all the warning lights come on and extinguish as normal) Only down side is eventually you may not be able to read the service interval times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts