NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Convertible Turbo Beetle and I've had it for about 5 years now. Every time I try to listen to the radio/CD/Tape or anything it starts crackling and popping :(. I'm not sure if it is the speakers or the stereo system or what. I've managed to deal with it for a few years now because it comes and goes, most days it works fine and most days its unbearable, but the quality is just bad overall and it's starting to really frustrate me :mad:. I was assuming it had something to do with the weather, maybe moisture getting in somehow.. idk, because it usually gets worse when it is cold outside, but i am not really sure since its happened during warm days too. Does anyone know what can be wrong with it? If its the speaker or radio and how i can fix it :confused:.... oo and i believe it is a monsoon system. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you have the unlock keys, you can try pulling out your radio to see if it's something simple, like the plug at the back might not be in all the way, but if it's deeper, inside the radio, probley be best to pick up a used one instead of getting it repaired, would be cheaper, if you do end up getting a used one, make sure they have the 4 digit unlock code, I dont think the dealer will give you it unless you have the ownership, only prob I am having with my radio is that I cant adjust the bass and treble, eveything i do all i see is E, i think it means error, well good luck with it, and if i hear of any common issues with it, i will give you a heads up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts