VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is becky,
I've just bought a brand new beetle 2012 model. I'm having a problem trying to find out how to keep the clock on the dashboard display. As soon as I start moving its changes to show km/hr in the top left of the display. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? I've looked in the manual and tried all the buttons but nothing seems to change.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give in advance
Becky

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Becky. Fine Bug you got there. I was just looking at pg 21 on the right side of the page. Doubt it'd work, but have you tried the "deactivate alternative speed display" procedure?

I think we have the same manual, but if you don't find that procedure in your book, let me know and I'll post a pic of the page.

Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Hi Becky, welcome! I spent last night reading through the manuals and agree with above as a trial. My clock stays on all the time. I wish the info in the manuals was more specific to each model. Would be more helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for your replies.
I've tried the method in the instruction book (must have missed it when I read the book!) but it still didn't work. One the 3rd press of the first button it displays mph but to set it at a speed. This is so whenever I go over a certain speed it beeps. The second button doesn't change anything. I might have to ring my dealership up and ask If my car can actually do that! It's a same there isn't an instruction manual for the model of beetle rather then a general one.

Thankyou for your help
Becky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts