NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up, been a while since ive been here but the new forums look really nice. i have a major problem with my car and i need some help. ive had boost leaks really bad ever since i put my front mount ic on. i inspected everything and retightened all clamps etc... ran okay for a while until 2 days ago and now it feels like im running on 2 cylinders. i inspected it again and i have a major rip in my intake hose (turbo inlet pipe) where the DV or BOV connects to the hose. apparently the ic piping has put some pressure there and possibly caused it to rip. its caused a loss in pressure and i think i have detonated a plug which is causing the 2 cylinder feeling. im going to switch out plugs tommorow but i have to replace that hose asap and i want to do it with a samco (much better quality)
my question:
1) ive looked on the new forums for places that sell the samco hose and i didnt find much is there somewhere else other than samco that sells them (or if anyone on here has one they want to rid of)
2) they are listing AWV with the APH and i know there are obvious differences between the two engine codes with the connectivity of DV, N75 ect in this area. if anyone has the AVW with a samco turbo inlet pipe please let me know how it fits and if there are any tight spots because they will be even tighter for me since i have ic piping.
thanks guys
search words: hose rip, turbo inlet pipe, samco, tip, boost leak, boost problems, blinking check engine light

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
hey man... yea i ran a samco tip on the ic i sold ya.... it will rub... but you will be fine scence the samco is thick.... and on the t-bolt clamps... u gotta tightin till u think your going to crush the ic piping....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts