VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have noticed the past few weeks that the drivers side floors are wet front and back. This is definitely not a good thing considering I live in the rainy state of Washington. My hubby and I can not find where its coming from, well nothing that is completely obvious to us. Im hoping maybe someone can help me out here. I know for sure that the from drivers side wheel well (inside fender area) is gone. Is this what it could be from. :confused:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,236 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? Clogged sunroof drains are often the culprit for water leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a sunroof? Clogged sunroof drains are often the culprit for water leaks.
i had one clogged drain on the passenger side but the standing water is on the drivers side with no water on the passenger side anything else it could be?

·
Assessment Expert
57 Posts
i had one clogged drain on the passenger side but the standing water is on the drivers side with no water on the passenger side anything else it could be?
Since it's not completely obvious, the best thing to do is fix the clogged drain and re-inspect the driver's side. I believe the drain "tube" exits through the A pillar into the front wheel well area.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,236 Posts
Also, just because the leak is on one side of the car, doens't mean its coming from that side. It could still be sunroof drains. Water will go to the lowest point and pool. Drivers side is pretty common.

Having this same problem in my Mk1 Jetta.

·
Who is John Galt?
695 Posts
There are sunroof drains on both sides of the car, front and back. Four total.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely not a bladder control issue lol. Well we unclogged all the sunroof drains but I am still having this problem. Any other suggestions. The inner fender on the drivers side wheel is gone. I am going to buy one today at the dealership if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know. This issue really sucks considering I live in the wettest state in the US.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am having the same problem except on the passenger side. I have unclogged and tightly secured the tubes and still I get some water. I recently had a new windshield installed so I am going to spray a solid, wide beam of that aerosol white glass cleaner around the seal. Then I will use some compressed air from the inside to look for any leaks.

And I never thought of it- water does run to the lowest point and it could be due to a clog on the driver side. I will check that out tomorrow as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts