NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to get these out of my garage. I stripped, repaired, and repainted one wheel, stripped and primered another.....and that's where it ended. Just looking to get $80. Use them as spares, project, winter wheels, boat anchors, etc. The 2 that got stripped and repaired looked alot worse than the 2 that aren't before I started on them. $80....not sure if shipping would be worth it but I will leave that up to you to decide.

Attachments

·
TDI Owner
172 Posts
wow I think the one you repainted looks amazing. If I were closer I'd throw in some extra cash, have you finish em and I'd take them off your hands. I'm in the process of doing a similar job on my mod seven wheels same color scheme but I've just been a slacker lately and haven't been doing them

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow I think the one you repainted looks amazing. If I were closer I'd throw in some extra cash, have you finish em and I'd take them off your hands.
Thanks. Finishing them is not ever going to be on my list as my "going on 5 years now" project NEEDS to get done this year and still lots to do.

Somebody wants a dirt cheap set of LB's!

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Thanks. Finishing them is not ever going to be on my list as my "going on 5 years now" project NEEDS to get done this year and still lots to do.

Somebody wants a dirt cheap set of LB's!
Those would've looked sweet on your car Ric! You know I would take them if we were closer. ;) How is that project going? :confused: Motor still good? You ever buy a 4 door under 25 feet long? :lol:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
wow I think the one you repainted looks amazing. If I were closer I'd throw in some extra cash, have you finish em and I'd take them off your hands. I'm in the process of doing a similar job on my mod seven wheels same color scheme but I've just been a slacker lately and haven't been doing them
Agree the finished one looks amazing. If I had a red or black bug I'd be all over this.

Best of luck with the sale.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Nice! :jawdrop: That one looks a lot better than the one you posted before. Looks like your side job is paying well. :thup: I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell about your clients. :peekaboo: :wink2: :lol:

Good luck on the sale of the Longbeaches. Shouldn't be hard at all. Keep us updated on the Galaxie.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, plenty of stories!

The one finished wheel has about 7 hours in it from start to finish including stripping, repairing curb rash, priming, masking, painting, as I did the whole wheel, not just the face. I should have done them all at the same time, but I wanted to know how it was going to turn out before I took on the whole set. The rash on that particular wheel was pretty bad!

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I am sorely tempted, but shipping's going to be insane. The color scheme would match my car, and I'd be willing to continue on with the paint scheme.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts