NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to post good feedback here about two of my local NAPA dealers. They have earned my business for life. I had a problem with the metal 40 amp fan fuse that is in the fuse block on top of the battery, and after describing it to them they came up with a solid solution. The 40 amp fuse in the photo is the replacement and in the future if another one goes out I know where to go to and what to replace it with. Also at the other local NAPA store they really helped me out with a battery today. I bought one there back in February and I lost the receipt somehow. The battery went bad and they were able to look the transaction up with the last 4 of my credit card. I was in and out with a brand new battery in under ten minutes without paying a dime. Granted, I did pay full price for the battery the first time, but their willingness and ability to help was priceless.

I hate it when I go into an auto parts store and the person behind the counter doesn't know their arse from a manhole cover ( Advance Auto Parts - forever and ever on the top of my sh*t list for bad service and brainless employees ). It's great to have go-to people who are also gearheads.

Thanks NAPA!

Attachments

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse is a blade type that I had to trim down a little bit to work, but it fits perfectly now, and has actually given me some good ideas about improving / rebuilding / replacing thbe entire fuse block. When you go into a NAPA store they usually have a big plastic storage bin sitting on or near the counter that has a bunch of see-through plastic drawers, and each drawer is numbered and has different variations of this fuse in it. I wrote down the fuse number but I can't find the blasted thing now, I remember it was a six or seven digit number and began with a seven. I really don't like the plastic fuse block on top of the battery and have been scheming about relocating the whole thing, and using these fuses will certainly make it easier. Yet another mad science project for the Bug.

Then again, if I get electrocuted while working on my NB, it counts as fun, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts