VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I started making a list of parts I need it to build my new beetle 2000 1.8t AWV engine for 300+hp and I saw the video about 1.8t tuning and the guy used pro race engineering rods.

Can you please tell me more about it? Spec says over 900HP and also a package of 4 rods is 3.5kg weight which is something around 0.87kg per rod. I can't find too much information's unfortunately. Looks like a good combination with Supertech pistons.
Here is the source video in case you want to check.

Pro-Race Engineering 144×19 Tapered I Beam Rifle Drilled Connecting Rods – Pro-Race Engineering

prorace-engineering.co.uk

Thank you, everyone,
Djordje

·
Registered
15,592 Posts
You might post this on this 1.8T tuning site or the associated facebook group; a ton of experienced 1.8T engine builders over there.

Good guide for bottom end upgrades and horsepower levels:

When it comes to very specific technical info/specs; it is best to contact the vendor that is supplying the parts you want to use, IE or ProRace, seem to be pretty popular and their tech support, should be able to help you, figure out what would meet your needs.

Let us know, how things go; it would be great if you would create a thread, where you document your build! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might post this on this 1.8T tuning site or the associated facebook group; a ton of experienced 1.8T engine builders over there.

Good guide for bottom end upgrades and horsepower levels:

When it comes to very specific technical info/specs; it is best to contact the vendor that is supplying the parts you want to use, IE or ProRace, seem to be pretty popular and their tech support, should be able to help you, figure out what would meet your needs.

Let us know, how things go; it would be great if you would create a thread, where you document your build! Thanks! :)

Hey @billymade

Thank you for your reply,I'll definitely post on a couple more forums.

uuu this is amazing guide,I know for this.I wanted to buy IE rods,but I wonder maybe I juc try with another one.They are also looks good.
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts