NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Not new to the forum but new to posting. I've been a bug owner since my first car at age 17 (a '73 autostick) and just traded my 2004 yellow coupe (Sunshine) for a Final Edition convertible. Even when I bought my '04 I was wanting a convertible but couldn't come up with the difference in price at the time. Now with my trade I can afford to have the car of my dreams and Prudence is definitely it! She's named after one of my favorite Beatles songs and I find the lyrics very fitting to her. :)

The first photo is Prudence at the dealership right after signing the papers and then my trade in and lastly my dear old buggies Sunshine and my '73 (which I had to sell and miss dearly) BB or BeetleBug. All my buggies hold a special place in my heart. Eventually I'd like to purchase another classic Beetle and restore it to look like Herbie...but that'll have to wait for now.

Thank you all! Bug people are truly lovely people. Though I may be a bit biased. ;)

Attachments

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Congratulations; Final Edition ´vert is so cute and cool! :)
I like your previous Bugs also!

In fact my first car was Old Bug and I still have it.
You can find pictures of it at my NB-thread, if you want to look.
My dream is that some day I could have (at least) 3 different Beetles: Old one, New Beetle and 2012 Beetle...

PS. if I win lottery jackpot I will buy replica-Herbie for me; that´s for sure :D

Greetings from Finland.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome finally!!!

I feel your joy! Congratulations!!! I have the same interior & boot. Keep sum Armor All cleaning wipes handy to keep it under control. The boot gets dirty after every ride, construction site or to the local GTG or market no matter. Damp rag will get the gritty dirt off after each trip, but worth every bit of effort!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all!
I am so excited to finally have the convertible I always wanted. I hope to one day get my old convertible beetle too but Prudence is tops for me right now. :)

Thank you for all the advice Severe. I was worried when I saw the white seats and boot about keeping them clean. I will make sure to do regular maintenance to prevent any issues!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! But, where were you when you had the yellow one? :wink2:

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Welcome :) I love love love the colors of your Prudence. Great name too! This is a great place to hang out.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App

·
Punky Brusier
96 Posts
Oh wow congrats! the final edition is one of my favorite beetle colors :D I just got a new beetle yesterday and its my first car. I really want a convertible too but cant afford it just yet.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! I also have a final edition and had a yellow hard top before for my 1st beetle. :) What number is your final edition on the steering wheel? Mine is #1234 :) Congrats and enjoy!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts