VW Beetle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 138 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Nope no spacers required, if you see the photo were is parked near a Renault Clio (black) it has my mille miglia 17 rims, the offset is 35mm (same as stock) no spacers NOTHING and it fit perfectly with the Pss9s.
By the way I changed the urethane front suspension for a new set, I destroyed the originals rubber ones in 8 months then I switched to urethane and they lasted 2.5 years, If you take your car to to the track or do Auto cross, be sure to check them, because those parts suffer a lot.

My rims are not stock-they are TSW Kyalami 17X7.5 100/114.3--42c.

They are very very close to stock shock now(too close). So i may need off sets -if so how much of off set will i need.

I did check on the bernt front hood spoiler-how is it installed on hood?

The bernt complete hood looked nice but seem not to have much opening for air but the openings were low on hood. Yours looks even better.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
The bernt hood spoiler is attached with 3m double sided tape, I was raelly concerned about it but the part is very light and it fits very well.

Id say youll need a 10 mm H&R spacers just to be on the safe side, since your wheel is more to the inside and the coilover moves with the steering a little.
offset 42 minus 10mm 32 mm ( the stock is 35) youll have a clearance of at least 9 mm.

Be aware that the ride with the Bilsteins is more harsh even in the softest position.

Thanks for info

I am also thinking about the ko4 - would like the stage 3 but i do have automatic trans-the k04 would probably be best for me.

I have about 197 wheel hp & 206 torque. Wonder what hp & torque increase i could expext with k04. Apr dealer is close so i would have them make the change

Discussion starter · #26 ·
One of my best buddies has changed his k03S for a k04-020 from pro-imports.com, we havent dinoed it yet willdo next week but Pro imp. claims 250-265 wheel hp, wich by our seat of pants dino is very posible, I cant wait till my bug has it installed. Ill try to post the dino next friday.
There are very intrepid guys bolting 280 to 300whp to their auto transmisions....at 2300USD$ the swap for a broken tranny, I dont think its worth it...:(

Hey Pulgamovil awesome New Beetle, made even cooler by the fact that you put it on the track. I will be buying the rear Caractere spoiler this spring and I am wondering how the exhaust works from the muffler back with the center exit. Could you get me some shots of your set-up from under the car? Thanks Marcus:D

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Sure just let the apple guy fix my G5, my pics are in there and it doesnt startup (bad powwer supply), I promise I give you good pics...

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Today I finallky installed my Big Front mout intercooler FMIC.

It was veri time cosuming and had to make a dent in the front steel bar but it was worth it.... Cnat wait to put the RSI front kit (that is still waiting somewhere in Frankfurt):mad:
Ihope by friday I can have it and install it on saturday so I can paint it next week...

As you can se the new IC is 3.3 ptimes bigger than stock I hope I can log some temps with the vag com...stay tunned

Attachments

Discussion starter · #30 ·
So finally I assembled the whole front and tomorrow Ill be on the track (where they ran the Cart race last week) Hope I post Tons of Photos..!!!!

In the mean time My RSI kit is still in customs but will clear them on monday...My goal is this:

PIC 1 :

No rear big wing, black handles and roof, a chequered side skirts with a blow by the wind motif.
Obviously Ill use my RSI rims and not the ones in this photo, European Plates and working forligts behind the side front holes.

So tomorrow Ill take tons of pics because this Bettle Cup Conection Front bumper will be removed, anyhow it looks very good (thanks Jeff!)

Pics 2 and 3 and 4 check the clean wheels ( A PITA to clean)

Whooo hooooo

Attachments

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Look ! clean wheels...!!!!!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Here are some Cool Photos I took today at the track...enjoy...

As you can see I put the Beetle Cup connection front but the good news is that the Customs agent is a car freak and was 2 pits away from me and told me everything is readu for delivery tomorrow...

Cant wait.....:D

Attachments

Discussion starter · #33 ·
My RSi Kit arrived....
The second Photo is the way I want it... I really want the Kerscher rear wing but at 750 USD$ plus shipment its an expensive proposition.....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #36 ·
My original body kit is wrapped up and stored ( to my wifes dismay )....

The above photo is a photoshop of how I want it ...right now the Kit is being painted....

thanks for the comments

Discussion starter · #38 ·
The roof spoiler of my car is for the sunroof I bought in california ($79) if I remember well, I gets rid of the noise poping noise when the sun roof is open.

If you are refering to the spoiler back on the car top, its the Beetle RSI rear spoiler it can be bought in germany and the UK for aroung 125 usd$.

The rims of the OMG Bettle of the pict are Audi A8 19inch wheels, very popular for beetles in europe.

Pulgamovil said:
The roof spoiler of my car is for the sunroof I bought in california ($79) if I remember well, I gets rid of the noise poping noise when the sun roof is open.

If you are refering to the spoiler back on the car top, its the Beetle RSI rear spoiler it can be bought in germany and the UK for aroung 125 usd$.

The rims of the OMG Bettle of the pict are Audi A8 19inch wheels, very popular for beetles in europe.
yep, I ment the rsi rear spoiler... cool. just out of woundering. compaired to the oem 17in. turbo s wheels, are the audi a8 wheels heaver or lighter in the 19in ? also a place where to get ? my turbo s is the same color as yours. thats why those items are grabbing my attention...thanks again, and love your ride !can you post some pics of the inside ? you mention ,of painting the interior parts as well.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I shoot some pics tomorrow, sinc emost probably the bug willbe 10 days at the shop (the install of the kit will be done as carefully as posible and I am in no hurry.
Those 19 inchers most be heavy since the A8 has 380hp plus, Id look into Ebay because I have seen them there. In europe they are very popular with new beetles and Golfs.

thanks for the comments

21 - 40 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.