VW Beetle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts
sounds great.. Well those seem to be a little to heavy to me. I am also looking at the superturismo's but white rims, like the beetle cups, or volk/rays. I want lighter wheels, but to be strong also. I am into scca autocross . they run twice a year at my work, cause or parking lot is huge. I work for Comcast. plus my work sponsers them too. after vw finishes up on finding out my problem with my turbo s . then the full suspension, and brake kit goes on. If you have any ideas on what my cars issues could be going on , by all means . chime in! I have a post in the 1.8t about why is my car shutting off ?

thanks,
chris

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Thanks a lot I hope I can have it all Done by X mas... ;)

Pulgamovil said:
So tomorrow Ill take tons of pics because this Bettle Cup Conection Front bumper will be removed, anyhow it looks very good (thanks Jeff!)
Where did this BBC bumper come from? It looks just like the one I had in my garage for about a year......:confused:

WOW! Your Beetle looked great before, but now it looks even better! Where did you get your air scoop on your hood? Can air flow through that grille or is it a dummy scoop? I'd hate to get rain and dirt all over the engine if it were open...

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Today I installed the whole front bumper and the FMIC and cables and such.
Also I have finished the install of the turn lights in the RSI bumper.

Tomorroy Ill poke a hole in the RSI Front fender since it has no hole where the hood release goes, remember my kit is the RACE kit so it doesn have any hood release since the hood is kept in place by pins! (luck has it that my kit was a virgin and did not have any HOLES IN IT!.

I just put it over and it looks FREAKING awesome, Ill put the pics tomorrow Morning, since th e whole ordeal has been a real PITA, but I guess it will be worth it!!:rolleyes:

Ill keep my fog lights but will install them behind the side grilles so they will be only visible if I turn them on, I did not want to ruin the "stock RSI" look and also did not want to loose my Fogs either.

This is exactly the kit I am installing and Look it has no provisions for licence plates at all!:

my goal is to finish it and put some decals on it to reselmble this photoshopped BUG check it has my rear SMALLER spoiler and some parts of my car....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #53 ·
So here it is notice how the new RSI fender does not have the same cut lip as the stock or tha HOLE where the safety release goes.....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #54 ·
HEre is my car with the RSI fender On..
The hood is not closed becase if I do Ill never be able to open it again since the hood release is covered by the new front fender.

I dont like how the Front mount intercooler looks, but I cant paint it black since it will loose the cooling ability...:mad:

It looks too shinny because of the flash but I am not crazy about it....

Teh fogs will be behind the side vents, but Ill guess Ill have to paint the fender again since I scratched it a bit...later today Ill install the fogs and the side front wheel covers....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #55 ·
ops double post...

Discussion starter · #57 ·
I have been very busy, but now I have time at night.....

Here is the progress of the RSI conversion.

My kit is the RACE RSI kit, so it doesnt needs Plates or internal bumper reinforcements and a miriad of parts that the "normal" bug has, so the process has been ANYTHING but smooth, It took me 20 hours to finish the front (admitedly the bussiest part). Luck that I have a front mount intercooler so I wont have to reopen it in the future. I put the fog lights and had to custom mount them in made to order brackets here are some pics:

this one is of the whole thing put on but there is no Intercooler and no front member crossbrace and no crash protections.... if you see closely youll see the lights are not installed just put on...

Attachments

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Here is the next.....

as you can see the lights are not installed and a fog light lies on the floor, also you can see my set of tires / Wheels for trak days and auto cross... intercooler and foam fender protections..

look how wide are the side wheel wells...OMG....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #59 ·
As I told yuo some parts of the front had to be custom modified.

the gap beetween the front member crash protection was reduced 3/4 of an inch they had to cut it with a plasma welder and reweld it to keep it very sturdy and crash worthy, then they had to make a under the steel new cross bar made of tick iron so the part can withstand a front crash (just in case) and keep a safe bug.

Also some small parts and electrical stuff had to be rewired.....see in the pics how "close" the front member ended with the radiators.... it was a pita fitting the IC there....

See the gap is minimal and the perfect welding..also see my bent and non installed cold air intake

Attachments

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Here is the finished product (well just the front.....):D

BTW, In this phto I still had trouble with one of my HID lights that kept shorting, but now its ok, see the bright with leds on the side markers!

Also I KNOW the front licence looks terrible but I put it using a metal bar that is welded to the front metal bumper underneath the front fender so I can take it away easily for shows or in case of a low curb the plaque will hit it first so I wont dent the front of the car!

Next stop... the side skirts and rear to be done this weekend and also installing athe euro plates I bought with parking radar

check it out...

Attachments

41 - 60 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.