Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Here is another one, notice I did not Photoshop out the front licence plate

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I bought it via Vwvortex, a guy totaled his r32 so I bought it from him (car wass rear ended) but he sold it with no airbag and I bought one here... 295 for the wheel, 290 for the airbag...

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts

·
M VELASCO
38 Posts
Wow! You Have Done Mady Modifications To Your New Beetle Since You Got It! Congratulations!! How Many Kilometers Does Your Nb Have? I Have To See It Someday!!!
Regards
Marcos

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Currently is 55600 kilometers Thanks for the comments!

Bill the Airbag of the R32 is Silver but I got the airbag here in Mexico and it came in Blue so go figure? maybe its an euro part etc....too bad i did not write down the part num, (it had it and I saw it before I installed it ...

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Here is the last pic of Bugsy before I got sanded in some parts, and fixed other small nicks and scratches that I accidentally made while installing the cup kit.

If you see very closelly the previous picts the joint between the front end the side wheel well has a small hole in the wheel hole area, also the joint between the door and the side skirt.
A friend of mine rcoemnded me this guy for fitment and he did a wonderfull job and now the cars is ready for a good 2 extra layers of paint and clearcoat, so its shining and flawless, they will also install 280mm rear brakes and the original rear foglight and reverse lights.

I am still thorn about painting the top fo the bug in black, so I dont know..???? what I will do for sure is putting black alcantara to the in ceiling of the BUG so it resembles a real RSI inside....

here is a last Pic before the "doctor came in"

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Well yesterday they finished the repainting of the RSI Cup Car kit and fixed some things, bad luck the APR representative did not write down the shaving of the front hood, and the dark grey door handles, but I am very happy now fit and finish is perfect and the car shines so beautiful, today I reattached the licence plates and cleaned some parts.... see the pics I hop elater in th eweek I can post better Pics....

As yuo can see the Car has NO DOOR side skirts, because I forgot to take them to the shop DOH... but Now they have ´em and they will have them by wednesday so Ill install those and take some final pics...
Next mods....

Dark handles, chequered flag decals, TT aluminum tank cover, and MAYBE change my seats for GLI seats covered by orange leather....and black ceiling...

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks Ill Pm you later today...

·
Certified Crazy Car Chick
42 Posts
Dang, you have a lot of work in that car! Well done. What are the small round emblems just in front of & below your mirrors?

Nancy

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
nansaidh said:
Dang, you have a lot of work in that car! Well done. What are the small round emblems just in front of & below your mirrors?

Nancy

Those are Wolfsburg Amblems I bought at New dimensions (San Jose CA.)....

Thsi week I have instaled the tank gas flap of the Audi TT (to copy Briffic and it will be painted, because the cahnge its quite troublesome but really worth the time and hassle...Ill post pics next week....

·
42 Posts
Hold on, you're going to PAINT a beautiful, forged aluminum piece of art? I don't understand - why bother to install it if you're going to paint it? :( Okay, I may be a bit biased; my 01 TTQ was quite possibly the love of my life... but it's the details on pieces like that which really make a statement.

Oh well, to each his own, I know.

p.s. having said that, this is still my favorite modded bug look. :goodjob:

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Nope I will paint the section they had to operate to install the TT flap, the part is really beautiful, all aluminium and guess what? It works with the Beetle Stock mechanism to open the gas door!!!

Attachments

·
42 Posts
Pulgamovil said:
Nope I will paint the section they had to operate to install the TT flap, the part is really beautiful, all aluminium and guess what? It works with the Beetle Stock mechanism to open the gas door!!!
WHEW!!! :D It looks awesome! I don't wonder why it works with the release; MANY elements on my 03 turbo s are parts-bin exactly like my 01 TT.

Dang, that looks great.

Another question: I was looking into getting a wing for my NB and read that when at high speeds, when the automatic spoiler pops up, it can create an "aerodynamic anomaly" and can cause the car to completely lose control. Have you had any hints of this happening? Do you deactivate your auto spoiler? Apparently VAG had recalled all 1.8Ts at some point and removed any factory-installed wings.

Nancy

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Well the beetle is unestable over 120 MPH wing or not, spoiler or not.

The problem is that the rapid falling hatch creates a lot of vacuum in the lower part and basically you have to fill it or to put down force on it to "PLANT" the car down. Real RSI Beetles have a difusser on the top that makes the air FILL the void and aim that screatm of air towards a HUGE wing spoiler, if you put the spoiler on a regular New Beetle and hit 110 the down force WILL bend the hatch! LOL... The original VAG spoiler for races comes with a steel brace to spread the down force on the hatch...
In My case I have driven my bug over 120mph 4 times and it flutters badly over 135 mph, the noise is deafening and yes the OLD spoiler I had got bent and the hatch GOT BENT!!

(you can see it in the last photo in the right side where the brake center signal is you can see faintly the painting and the work done to fix it, weirdly enough if you see it on sun lught or inperson is invisible but on photos with flash the diference in the clear coat stands out.....

101 - 120 of 138 Posts
About this Discussion
137 Replies
43 Participants
drag79stang
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing